Re: Hoping this laptop will be able to play sims 4 on the highest setting

by Finfish12

Original Post

Laptops cheap for Sims 4

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I’m looking for a laptop that runs sims 4 good. I need it to be cheap as possible (£100-£200 possibly). Just found out my laptop isn’t good enough for sims urgh. I don’t use CC that much (I have the odd item) and mods I don’t have either. 

Although, I do have all the packs (but one 😩😂) I am looking at also getting that pack though!

Please help! Any is very welcome and I will be very thankful 

My edit: I am going to sell mine for about 300 as it is brand new more or less. So I’m upping my price range. 

Thanks

Message 1 of 22 (837 Views)

Re: Laptops cheap for Sims 4

@Finfish12  What is your price range now?  I looked for laptops in the U.K. about a week ago, and I found one that was reasonably good for £580.  It would run TS4 on ultra settings now, but you might need to dial back the graphics settings to high in a year or two, depending on how demanding the future TS4 packs are.  Computers that would run the game on ultra for the entire duration of TS4 generally cost £800 and up.

I looked up the laptop I found before, just so you could see, and it's now sold out on both amazon and Currys.  Here's the link:

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/laptops/laptops/asus-tuf-fx505dy-15-6-amd-ryzen-5-rx-560x-ga...

The same model, except with a slightly larger SSD, is on sale for £600 on amazon right now:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ASUS-FX505DY-AL006T-Bezel-Gaming-Laptop/dp/B07MWD7SNN

I can look around if you want, but that's about as cheap as you're going to see.  Anything less and you're going to have problems running TS4, or else you'll have to keep the game on lower graphic settings.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 22 (805 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thank you so much for those suggestions. My price range is quite a bit lower, 200/300 I was thinking. Nope I’m from the Uk. Please don’t go out of your way just for me, but thank you so much for the offer. 

Message 3 of 22 (789 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

_ _
_And also You could consider an Refurbished_
Dell has good deals on these _
HP also offer refurbs, and both Dell and HP offer new machine guarantees with them.

It could be well worth a look

Thanx_``~...

Message 4 of 22 (784 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thank you I will have a look. I don’t know if it would work though. I’ve been told my problem is something to do with this. Can you please tell if it would be able to be refurbished to suit TS4. 

Thank you 

Message 5 of 22 (774 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@eddi4dl Please ignore my last reply you must think I am stupid! I thought you meant get my current laptop updated. Ik sis dumb. Sorry. 

Message 6 of 22 (765 Views)

@Finfish12  I know you're in the U.K.; my question about being in the U.S. was for the other poster, who linked a couple of computers from Amazon's U.S. storefront.  (I think I'll split those posts though, just to keep things simple.)

I did look at amazon U.K., and you can't even get a refurbished computer with 8 GB RAM for less than £300.  Plus, a refurbished laptop is a significant risk, even with a manufacturer's guarantee.  You never know how the previous owner treated it, or how long the parts will hold up.

Even the models in the £300-400 range would only be marginally better than the one you have now.  None of them have dedicated graphics cards, and their integrated cards would struggle with TS4's heavier packs even on the lowest settings.  I'm sorry, but I don't think you're going to find what you want.  I would hate to see you get a new computer only to realize you can't play on it and be in the same place you are now.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 7 of 22 (762 Views)

★★★ Novice

Finfish12 :   Do Not think you make dumb remarks _

and Could be worth looking into,,

Even if you decide not to  buy one

_Mine is Refurb from Dell since Fall of 2014

Thanx

Message 8 of 22 (746 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Yeah I’m sorry about that. I must seem so dumb. I re read it and thought ‘oh they are on about the other person’. I will probably save up til I’ve got about 500/600. To be honest I’ve had refurbished in the past and there not the best I agree. Thank you for all you help
Message 9 of 22 (728 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I may have a look into it but chances are I will buy new as I know I can trust that a bit more. But thanks anyways
Message 10 of 22 (726 Views)