Laptop won't charge while playing The Sims 3

by choidimas

Original Post

Laptop won't charge while playing The Sims 3

★★★ Newbie

ASUS A455L Windows 8.1 Pro i3-4030 CPU @1.90 GHz RAM 2.00 GB

The problem is that when I play The Sims 3, my computer starts beeping to indicate the power being plugged in and unplugged over and over again. Eventually it loses battery and just dies while im playing. And its problem starts suddenly in a week now, and I had play The Sims 3 for 2 years I don't know what to do at this point. It was only acts up with The Sims 3,but  when I was playing The Sims 1, 2, and 4 it was fine. By the way, I have no EP or SP, CC or MOD

Can anyone help me?

Message 1 of 3 (747 Views)

Re: Laptop won't charge while playing The Sims 3

@choidimas  The confusion about whether your computer is plugged in or not sounds like a mechanical issue with either your battery or your cord.  Check the cord itself—does it have any bends or creases where the wires might be coming apart?  How does the plug look, and the socket on your laptop?

Or this could be a battery issue.  Something internal could be starting to fail, with the battery indicating that it's not receiving charge because the overall charge is decreasing despite it being plugged in.  TS3 is fairly energy-intensive, definitely more so than TS1 and TS2 at least, games in general drain the battery faster than almost anything else.  If your battery can't charge as quickly as it used to, or if it can't hold a charge as efficiently as before, maybe it can't quite keep up with the demands of the game.

But really, this is the kind of thing that you need to have evaluated in person.  Whatever else TS3 might be doing, this isn't an install issue so much as a problem with your physical components.  It's fairly easy to switch out a laptop battery, and yours is old enough to be due for a replacement.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (732 Views)

Re: Laptop won't charge while playing The Sims 3

Hero (Retired)

@choidimas   First guess is are you using the proper power supply? On the bottom of the laptop there should be a tag listing the power requirements - something like 19.2V  4.3A. This should match the specs on the power supply. The sims 3 game uses a computer hard and if the power supply is weak it will drain the battery even if on charge. I think the battery in your computer is internal meaning the computer needs to be taken apart to change. It is possible the power supply is going bad (rare but they do go bad). Please post the output voltage and amps listed on the power supply.

Message 3 of 3 (706 Views)