Laptop will not charge ONLY when playing sims

by isayhao

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Laptop will not charge ONLY when playing sims

★ Novice

Hi hi, so i have an issue that has been bothering me for maybe 3 weeks now. its the most annoying thing ever, let me tell you Disappointed

OK so i literally just got this laptop in December. 

(acer nitro 5 8gb and if anyone needs further info ill have to dig it up because i suck at finding my specs)

the original charger that came with the laptop was working fine when playing the sims 4. but then i brought it with me on a trip and it got bent accidentally, therefore i had to get a new one. i dont know much of anything about the new charger (or the old one for that matter.) because tbh, i am really sucky at all the specs and technical stuff. but what i can tell you is that ONLY. ONLY when playing the sims 4 it will not charge. it will do the little BEEP (that is SUPER annoying Teeth bared )  rapidly because even though the charger is definitely in the computer, it keeps stopping and then starting again. when i am on sims 3, sims 2, any other sims game it is totally fine and I dont have this problem. on any other game that isnt in the sims franchise or even EA, along with websites and literally everything else on my laptop. im almost certain that it isnt the new charger itself. im so desperate to get this problem fixed that ive tried duct-taping my charger so it stays into my laptop (i know its probably damaging to my computer but im so done at this point)

i cannot afford a new laptop, i stupidly made the decision to not get any backup plan or whatever its called (to pay for repairs) so i cant get anything done to it unless its under $100. then again i dont know if it has to do with my actual computer or not. 

help is greatly appreciated, i just wanna play my game Disappointed

thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 5 (1,451 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Laptop will not charge ONLY when playing sims

Champion (Retired)

It seems that the replacement you got isn't strong enough. Buy an original replacement.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (1,435 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

It seems that the replacement you got isn't strong enough. Buy an original replacement.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 5 (1,436 Views)

★ Novice

thank you! that makes sense so i will try to purchase a original one. shame that this charger was $70 and it isnt even working well for me.

Message 3 of 5 (1,419 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@isayhao I have this issue and I also got a replacement charger for my Acer Nitro 5. Maybe it’s an Acer issue.
Message 4 of 5 (721 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @jennaclaire134,

I'm now closing this thread since it's from 2019 and a lot of things have changed since then. If you're experiencing an issue please feel free to start a new thread if you're unable to find a more recent topic on the subject, thanks.

It's always good to check the date of the previous response to see if the conversation is up to date or it was specific to something from few years ago.

Thanks,

EA_Lanna
Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 5 of 5 (703 Views)