Re: Laptop restarts

by AgnieszkaMaria81

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddictI reinstalled my windows and did not create the Disk it was formatted but I create a new one now. I did all an uninstalled Origin the hard way and cleared my origin catche. But when unistalling in the registry of my windows I did not find any origin filder in windows/current version /uninstall.I run my sims 4 game for the night from 00:07 AM to 07:36 AM and the game did not crash my laptop. What I did that is run origin in offline mode.When Origin yesterday was in online mode the game cause my system shut down and restart it by overpowering my processor. My game played by 70C to 92 C in origin offline mode it did not crash.Something is wrong with origin after the update before I had not such big problem I could play Sims 4 and Sims 3 for 12 hours easy.

Message 11 of 23 (484 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict I even enabled throuh my firewall all of origin but the game is causing still to shutt down and restart . When origin is offline my game was active all night.
Message 12 of 23 (480 Views)

@AgnieszkaMaria81  I guess it's possible that the guide to uninstalling Origin is a bit out of date.  Regardless, as long as you removed all the listed Origin entries, you should be fine.

Origin is using exessive CPU for a lot of people right now, for no apparent reason.  You could try the EA Desktop App, now in beta, to see whether it works better.  (No guarantee you'll be invited, but it's not super restricted anymore.)

https://www.ea.com/ea-desktop-beta

I have to say though, 92º Cis still a bit hot for the CPU, even if it's not dangerous.  Would you be willing to open up the laptop and clean the fan and vents?  Even a relatively new system can get clogged with dust or pet hair pretty quickly.  And you may want to check GPU temperatures too, just to be safe.  GPU-Z is a lightweight app that shows temp as well as core load and fan speed.

But for the underlying issue, excessively high CPU temps could certainly cause your laptop to shut down, and Origin could certainly cause the CPU to overheat more than it's already doing.  So it sounds like you figured out exactly what the problem is.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 13 of 23 (474 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict I have opened my laptop and dusted it before the snowy escape update . But yesterday I opned iy dusted it again. But for some reason I set origin to windows 7 mode and admin and played the game let the 8 sims household play on there own and the laptop did not shutt down.The game was active from 9:25 AM to 16:36 PM. I will test it further but finger crossed maybe if I am lucky this is the solution.
Message 14 of 23 (464 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

After 3 more test I sure that origin and the snowy escape pack is causing the shutt down problem. Something must be wrong with  the patch or the pack.

Message 15 of 23 (460 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@AgnieszkaMaria81 I tested it again 2 times with 2 diffrent sims in Mt Komorebi. This pack is the cause nothing is solving the proble. Origin offline mode, origin in windows 7 mode,offline, changging the setting to powesave nothing. So fo me now my sim 4 adventure came to the end.I am very sad about this but I can do nothing to save my Sims 4 game.
Message 16 of 23 (457 Views)

@AgnieszkaMaria81  Even if Snowy Escape is hopelessly broken, which it doesn't seem to be overall, it still shouldn't be shutting down your laptop.  If you're willing to try, I'd like to see the results of some hardware monitoring.  Download hwinfo from here:

https://www.hwinfo.com/download/

You don't need to install anything if you don't want to; just choose the Portable version, unzip it, and launch it from Downloads or wherever you want.  (If you would like to install, be sure to click the green button, not the orange one.)  Restart your computer, and don't open any other apps.  Launch hwinfo, choose "sensors only," and click the icon that's a sheet of paper with a + sign to start logging.  Save the file to your desktop for easy access later.

Wait five minutes, then launch Sims 4 and play until your laptop shuts down.  The log should still be intact up to that point; you can upload it to a third-party free filehosting site and link it here.  Please leave it in .csv format, or if you use OneDrive to share, please compress it in .zip format instead.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 17 of 23 (445 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict Here is the log https://drive.google.com/file/d/18mUfd_gDNStSOHB2ZQ0-HdD_EcVWeaY6/view?usp=sharing I did everything you sad and installed hwinfo and started loggig I hope there is a solution for this constant crashes.
Message 18 of 23 (438 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Message 19 of 23 (433 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict Here is a log when installing sims 3 and installing my full sims store collection and playing sims 3 on the highest resoltution and all on very high like sims, like teksture, like shadows etc. Here is the log https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ewh-5Eha3njf0NMGNHW6e8d0B9f6rxWn/view?usp=sharing
Message 20 of 23 (415 Views)