Re: Laptop restarts

by AgnieszkaMaria81

Original Post

Laptop restarts

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi I just installed the sims 4 and installed the patch. After the update I restarted my Laptop and start playing a new save with a new sim. I started to walking in MT Komrebi but My Laptop restarted again while playing The issue is still there. Before these two updated I hadn't any problem with that while playing on ultra graphic.Here is my dxdiag and my new save file I did not save my game to test it. Here is the link of my save from google drive:https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1e48HZ2Cv6whN1EvCmFnSFHEACwKqVrIe?usp=sharing

I tested it again but the sims 4 is shutting down my windows and my system restarts after I try to play. Here is my test save file https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1tCtLKsSTEKVZFXJkGR5qoxq8KrL_MWrq?usp=sharing

(CM: Multiple posts merged. Check out this post for tips on how to edit and add more to a post.)

Message 1 of 23 (1,018 Views)

Hero
@AgnieszkaMaria81 I split your thread as laptop restarting is different.

It's usually a sign of the computer overheating. Is your computer getting really hot ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 23 (785 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict I do not know but before the update for snowy escape I played for about 10 hours with no restart when playing. But after the update after 3 or 5 or 15 minutes my laptop is shutting down and restart when I try to play . I have cleaned my computer fans from dust and before the update I had not such issue ever.

Edit: I have check my memory and Windows says that is ok no error I checked my pc with asus check tool and no errors found . I do not get any information about any error just that my laptop is restarted suddenly. I will try to reinstall my windows again and check the game again.

(CM: Multiple posts merged. Check out this post for tips on how to edit and add more to a post.)

Message 3 of 23 (772 Views)

Hero
@AgnieszkaMaria81 Could you use a tool to check on your computers temperature ?

You might already have one installed, if not, just google

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 23 (760 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrictI just reinstalled my windows 10 and installe speedfan app that is monitoring the temperature. I am now installing sims 4. Speed fan is telleing that my cpu tem 70C and  hdd 41C when I am installing sims 4 with origin now.

Message 5 of 23 (744 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I tested the game and my laptop is still shutting down and restart while playing for about 3 minutes. Here are pictures of  temperature of my laptop while playing

Message 6 of 23 (735 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I tested Sims 4 again and changed my graphic card setting tp high performance for my AMD graphic card and left the game play on here own from sunday till thursday  sims week  and wwhat a suprise no crash no restarting my windows till now. I will test it further for another day .I will post about the result . After two another tests it shutt down my laptop twice when playing. I do not now what to do before the update on update for journey to Batuu I was playing 10 to 12 hours with no shutt down of my laptop .Something must happened when the updated was installed.

Message 7 of 23 (722 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I used Windows Diagnostic Data Viewer and it says that QtWebEngineProcess.exe is broken . This is the text. and dxdiag .

QtWebEngineProcess.exe

Description
Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin\QtWebEngineProcess.exe
Creation Time: 19.11.2020 22:06:37
Problem: Zatrzymano działanie.

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Nazwa aplikacji: QtWebEngineProcess.exe
Wersja aplikacji: 0.0.0.0
Sygnatura czasowa aplikacji: 5cface50
Nazwa modułu z błędem: Qt5WebEngineCore.dll
Wersja modułu z błędem: 5.8.0.0
Sygnatura czasowa modułu z błędem: 5cfacd06
Kod wyjątku: 80000003
Przesunięcie wyjątku: 002df6f1

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 71bc1cbe8b3f18eab1cdf3a382c5062c (1282949352469628460)

Message 8 of 23 (714 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict I tested it again when playing witha new household 8 sims the game just break my windows and my laptop restarted again. I just moved my sim to a empty lot in Newcrest. This is a nightmare I can not play Sims 4 .
Message 9 of 23 (709 Views)

@AgnieszkaMaria81  Your first dxdiag lists two hard drives, but your second only lists one.  Did you do something to disable the second hard drive?  If so, please describe exactly what you did.  If you didn't do anything, then it's possible that the issue with your second hard drive is causing the crashing.

Your C drive is also critically low on space.  You have less than 10 GB free; 20 GB is the reasonable minimum, although you can often get away with less.

There are also a number of Origin errors in your dxdiag.  Please address the free storage first, then clear Origin's cache, uninstall it "the hard way," and reinstall.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/manually-uninstalling-origin/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 10 of 23 (701 Views)