Laptop help for Sims 3 and Sims 4

by serechan11

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Laptop help for Sims 3 and Sims 4

★★ Novice

Hi.

I need help choosing a laptop. Found three but i am not sure if they are good enough. My budget is 900 USD. I have all sims 3 (though i say goodbye if i cannot find laptop that will work) and sims 4. I am cc junkie and 5-7 mods. 

1. HP Gaming Laptop 

2. Acer Nitro 5 AN515-54-51M5 

3. Acer Nitro 5 AN517-51-56YW 

Last laptop i got i thought it would work for sims but it didn't so i need help. If these three are garbage, then what u guys would recommend? 

Message 1 of 3 (310 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Laptop help for Sims 3 and Sims 4

★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Thanks a lot. U been extremely helpful

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (240 Views)

All Replies

@serechan11  The third laptop is clearly the best option among them, and it's a very good choice for both Sims games.  (I've actually listed it as a good option for a couple other people in the last week or two.)  The graphics card in the first laptop is significantly slower than the one in the other two.  The second laptop only has a 128 GB solid state drive, so you'd likely need to install both games on the larger, much slower mechanical drive.  Sims 4 wouldn't be affected as much, but Sims 3's loading times—everything from the save loading to traveling to opening CAS and Build/Buy—would be much longer.

If you want another option, this MSI has a very slightly stronger processor and a graphics card that's overall equivalent to the Nvidia 1650:

https://www.newegg.com/aluminum-black-msi-alpha-series-alpha-15-a3dd-003-gaming-entertainment/p/N82E...

The Radeon RX 5500M is faster than the Nvidia 1650 in some games, and slower in others; I haven't seen benchmarks for Sims 4 yet, so I can't tell you exactly how the two would compare.  The 1650 can run both Sims games, all current packs included, on ultra graphics settings.  Since we don't know what future Sims 4 packs will look like, it's hard to say whether a 1650 will always be able to run everything on ultra, but it will probably be a close call either way.  It's still a good choice though—it should always handle at least a mix of high and ultra settings, and the next faster card (the 1660 ti) comes in laptops that are usually $150-200 more expensive.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (271 Views)

★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Thanks a lot. U been extremely helpful
Message 3 of 3 (241 Views)