Laptop for Sims 4

by csillamphoni

Original Post

Laptop for Sims 4

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hey!!!
I want to buy a laptop for Sims 4 (+ a few dlcs, I think around 8 or 9 and maybe mods but i haven't decided that yet) and school. I've already chosen a few but I don't know which one should I choose!
Here are the ones I found plus the infos about them :
Lenovo S340-15API
CPU: AMD RYZEN 5 3500U
VIDEOCARD:AMD RADEON VEGA 8
RAM: 8GB
HARD DRIVE :512GB
AsusVivobook X515EA-BQ2376
CPU: Intel Core i5-1135G7
VIDEOCARD :Intel Iris Xe Graphics
RAM :8GB
HARD DRIVE: 512GB
AcerTravelmateTMP214-52-55VJ
CPU: Intel Core i5-10210U  Quad Core + Hyper Threading
VIDEOCARD: Intel UHD Graphics 620
RAM : 8GB
HARD DRIVE : 512 GB
Dell XPS 13 L322X
CPU: Intel Core i7 3687U
VIDEOCARD : Intel HD Graphics
RAM : 8GB
HARD DRIVE : 256 GB

I am open for suggestions too, my budget is under 490€ since I am a broke student, who can't afford a more expensive laptop.
Thank you whoever decides to help me!!

(also sorry for the grammar errors english is not my first language!!) 

Message 1 of 14 (1,507 Views)

Re: Laptop for Sims 4

★★ Novice

The AsusVivobook X515EA-BQ2376 hand down. The others are much older CPU's. They all have integrated GPU's and since the AMD you posted isn't a 6000 series Ryzen 5 I would go with the Intel 11th gen with the XE graphics. Youll get better performance with the Intel GPU. 

In Rank from best to worse I will say it like this:

Asus Vivobook X5

Acer Travelmate TMP214

Lenovo S340

I wouldn't touch the Dell XPS 13 I would go burn it and suffer without playing the sims 4

seriously though the Dell has a 3rd gen Intel cpu it's ancient and it probably won't run the game well at all and probably get you through 1/4th of your time in school

Message 2 of 14 (1,478 Views)

★★ Novice

Acer Aspire 3 A315-58-31MT That is 499 Euros I know you said 490 but suggesting.

HUAWEI MateBook D15 15.6

If you can find an AMD Ryzen 6000 series That would work as well. 

Message 3 of 14 (1,475 Views)

@csillamphoni  I would definitely go with the Asus Vivobook, which has a graphics chip that's as good as you'll find for under 500€, at least outside of the occasional clearance sale.  It should be able to run all current Sims 4 packs together on at least medium-high or high graphics settings, and you might be able to play on ultra settings depending on which packs you install and your playstyle.

If you can't get this one for some reason, another laptop with an i5-1135G7 would work just as well, as would one with a Ryzen 5 5500U.  These are in the same category and should give you roughly the same in-game performance.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 14 (1,440 Views)

★★★ Novice
@ClosingRacer0 Thank you so much!!! I only know the basics about pcs so this really helped me!!
Message 5 of 14 (1,424 Views)

★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Thank you for your advice!!
Message 6 of 14 (1,421 Views)

★★★ Novice

Heyy

Idk if anyone is going to read this but well I still haven't brought a laptop because of financial reasons and etc but now there is a sale going so I am probably finally going to buy it. My only problem is that the laptop I wanted is not on sale so I looked for others and I've found a few but I want to make sure which is the best opinion.

Here is the ones I considered :

Huawei Matebook D14(2020) with Intel Core i5

Asus Zenbook 14 with AMD Ryzen 7 5700U and AMD Radeon-R7 videocard 

Acer Spin 3 with Intel core i5 1135G7 and Intel Iris Xe Graphics  

Medion Akoya S14409 with Intel core i5 1135G7 (I've honestly never even heard of this brand but I am curious) 

I hope I am not a bother, I just really don't want to mess this up!!! 

Message 7 of 14 (1,269 Views)

@csillamphoni  The second and third laptops are both good options and as powerful as you'll find for under about 600€.  They should be within a few percentage points of each other in terms of in-game performance, so feel free to choose based on price, aesthetics, or whatever else matters to you.

The first one would also be fine if it has an i5-1135G7.  But if it has a different processor, I'd stay away.  The older i5 models have significantly slower graphics processing than the ones with G7 chips (even the G1 and G4 from a couple years ago aren't comparable), and the processor models that end in U have a different class of graphics chip that's a lot slower.

Medion makes okay laptops, but I've found its support to be severly lacking both in terms of driver updates and in terms of even being able to find what you need on its website.  It's possible the company has improved in the last year or so or that it will soon, but I personally wouldn't trust it, and I wouldn't recommend that other people buy one of these laptops unless they didn't have any other decent options.  I'm not saying that Asus or Acer offers outstanding support, but both companies do well enough.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 8 of 14 (1,252 Views)

★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict thank you again!! I tried to find what kind of i5 the first one is, but they didn't write it. There is also a Huawei D16 on sale right now but it is over 15 inches, but if it's way better then maybe I buy that (but i honestly don't see the difference)
Anyways thanks for your advice one more time!
Message 9 of 14 (1,241 Views)

★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict So I found out that it's Intel Core i5 10210U so I guess then I probably won't choose that one based on what you said! I am gonna probably choose the Zenbook because it's a little bit cheaper than the acer. (or maybe the Huawei D16 but I have to do a research if it's better or the same haha)
Message 10 of 14 (1,207 Views)