Laptop accidentally deleted my CC

by davyjoonslocker

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Laptop accidentally deleted my CC

★★★★ Novice

I was delaying on playing the Sims 4 because of the recent patch. I wanted to play it today, but when I put my mods and my saves back in my Sims 4 folder, the game wouldn't start up. So I did process of elimination and slowly restarted and exited my game to find out which mod was breaking my game. During this process, I updated a recent mod, and just when I was about to finish dissecting my game, all my mods got deleted. I thought that since the folder was deleted, all my files will show up in my Recycled Bin. But when I checked, they weren't there. I also checked if they were misplaced somewhere else in my laptop, but I couldn't find them any where.

Does anyone know a solution to this? I never had a problem like this before, and it's scaring me. I'm afraid of downloading all my CC back. Devil

Message 1 of 4 (462 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Laptop accidentally deleted my CC

Champion (Retired)

@davyjoonslocker 

It looks like you accidentally chose to permanently delete them shift-delete will do this. So you need to download them again. When you do make sure that they are marked as working with the current patch level.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (446 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

@davyjoonslocker 

It looks like you accidentally chose to permanently delete them shift-delete will do this. So you need to download them again. When you do make sure that they are marked as working with the current patch level.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 4 (447 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Look i worked years on this cc but not only was my cc gone also all my sims so wow thanks for noticing yes it is permanently banned

Message 3 of 4 (170 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @b746256e99a99d61,

This thread is quite a few years old and is being locked here to avoid further necroposting.

Feel free to create a new thread if there's a subject you're wanting to discuss that doesn't have a more recent topic, thanks!

Mako.png
Message 4 of 4 (145 Views)