Laptop Performance

by simliciouss1

Original Post

Laptop Performance

★★★★ Novice

Please can anyone help me with choosing a gaming laptop. I’ve already looked at the required specs for the game. I want something where that can handle ALL EPS Sps etc..no lagging. 

Message 1 of 4 (364 Views)

Re: Laptop Performance

Champion (Retired)

@simliciouss1 

Please post your country. Your budget and what else you will be using it for.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 4 (335 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@jpkarlsen I’m in USA. i would really like to stay in the 600-700 budget. If that price range is not doable please let me know. I’m trying to make this laptop my final purchase.
Message 3 of 4 (312 Views)

@simliciouss1  Getting a laptop for $700, or close to it, is certainly doable.  In that range, your best options all include an Nvidia 1650, a graphics card that will run all current Sims 4 packs together on ultra settings, with some room to spare.  Depending on how demanding future packs turn out to be, that may or may not quite be true by the time the game is out of development—the card is borderline for what we guess might be the requirement for ultra settings.  But at the very least, a 1650 should be able to run all current and future Sims 4 content together on a mix of high and ultra settings, with high framerates and no lag, other than the bit of lag here and there that the game has on any system.  This is due to the way Sims 4 is built and can't really be avoided.

I looked around and found several good options between $700 and $800; the best one for you would depend in part on how much storage you wanted and whether you had any other uses in mind for the laptop.  This one is the cheapest one I saw, at $700.  It has only a 256 GB solid state drive, which is enough storage for Sims 4 and all your user data, plus however many small apps like browsers you'd want.  If you're thinking of installing other large games though, that wouldn't be enough.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1542057-REG/msi_gf63_thin_9scx_005_gf63_i5_9300h_8gb.html

This one is also $700 and has much more storage: a 128 GB SSD and a 1 TB HDD.  With such a small primary drive, you'd probably need to install Sims 4 on the HDD, as well as store any other games or large data collections there.  Most apps will load slower on an HDD, although games will generally run the same once they're loaded.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/acer-nitro-5-15-6-gaming-laptop-intel-core-i5-8gb-memory-nvidia-geforce...

This Asus ($750) has a much stronger processor than the others; it wouldn't matter to Sims 4, but if you're thinking about doing heavy photo or video editing, that would help speed up the process.  It has a 512 GB SSD, which is plenty of storage for most people: it would hold several large games, all your user data, and anything else you'd need for daily use.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-rog-g531gt-15-6-gaming-laptop-intel-core-i7-8gb-memory-nvidia-gefo...

If you really need more storage though, this is also a good option, at $800.  It has a combination 256 GB SSD/1 TB HDD, so you could leave Sims 4 on the solid state drive if you wanted.  Its processor is a bit stronger than the one in the first two but not nearly as strong as the other Asus.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1554418-REG/asus_tuf505dt_rb73_15_6_amd_ryzen_7.html

All of these laptops have only 8 GB memory, but they're all upgradable to 16 GB (or even 32 GB) as well.  Memory is not that expensive, and a computer store can install a second 8 GB RAM stick in a few minutes.

If you have more questions, please feel free to ask.  And if you'd like to see more options, just let me know what you're looking for.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (278 Views)