Re: Changing the language of The Sims 4

by kreatora

Original Post

Language problem

★★★ Newbie

have a language problem in the SIMS , i have just   languages and i can't add another language any help :/ ( Chzech and Polnish)

Message 1 of 12 (1,732 Views)

Changing the language of The Sims 4

★ Novice

Hi!

I want to change the language of my game from Polish to English, I googled it and tried all the ways but I didn't work. I tried changing it in Game Properties in Origin, I tried un-installing and re-installing the game on an English Origin account, but neither worked. I even tried changing the language in Regedit from Polish to English, but every time I went into game, it switched back to Polish. I would be very greatful if anyone could help me.

Message 2 of 12 (1,730 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Hi @confettii-simmer

You must have the Origin Beta version. On Origin in option Game properties in advanced startup options you have the option of changing language. Doesn't it work?

Maybe after changing the language you have to delete the whole game folder from the documents and allow the game to create a new one

I don't work for EA . I'm only player who tries to help other players

Message 3 of 12 (1,725 Views)

Re: Language problem

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Hi @kosma74

You must have the Origin Beta version. On Origin in option Game properties in advanced startup options you have the option of changing language

I don't work for EA. I'm only player who tries to help other players

Message 4 of 12 (1,715 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Hi @kreatora @confettii-simmer @kosma74,

I've merged a couple threads as you were wondering the same. Answering your questions:

If you own a version of the game which doesn't have English language included, then it won't be possible to change the language to English.

When buying a game through Origin store, you can check the languages you will get in the overview section: https://www.origin.com/store/the-sims/the-sims-4#store-page-section-overview

Once The Sims 4 is in your library, you can check which languages are available for it by following the steps kreatora shared: right click on the game > Properties > Advanced startup options > Language. You can do this no matter which Origin you are using.

Hope that helps,

-Mai

Message 5 of 12 (1,701 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello I have lenguage USA english there is a possiblility of change on Polish Language 

Message 6 of 12 (1,515 Views)

Hero
Hi @laurakedzierska

right-click on the game in Origin, then properties

Choose the tab Advanced Launch Options. That should give you all game languages available with your version.

You can switch to any language listed there.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 12 (1,511 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The problem is that only USA English 

Message 8 of 12 (1,509 Views)

Hero

@laurakedzierska wrote:

The problem is that only USA English 

If you only have US English then you only have a one language version. Did you buy the game through Origin in the US ?

Unfortunately, if English is the only option given, then you can't change.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 12 (1,481 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi!, 

so that's mean that, If I bough the game in polish language, I'm not be able to change to English? Because, I when I wanted to buy the game I was in Poland Country but I don't speak in Polish.

Message 10 of 12 (1,257 Views)