Re: Lagging and Autonomy Issues after Dec.14th Patch

by LottyBabee

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Lagging and Autonomy Issues after Dec.14th Patch

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I updated my game with the latest patch on Monday. Before I received the patch, my game was running with no issues but after I updated it my game became unplayable. There is a lot of lagging to the point my sims are late to work by an hour or so. The actions doesn't register in the queue unless the game is on pause for an extended period of time, build/buy mode or when you click the calendar and sit with that open for a minute. Then the autonomy is basically nonexistent with player sims and npc's. They stand around stuck and clueless. And yes my game is on full autonomy.

I had factory rest my game, repaired it twice and clean boot my computer. I turned off origin in my game, turned off online features, lowered my game settings. Still no luck. Also, I just want to be clear that I never experience lagging on this pc. 

Message 1 of 7 (292 Views)

Accepted Solution

@LottyBabee  You said you factory reset your game, but at any point did you test a new save in a clean folder?  I'm curious whether this same problem happens in a completely new save, with none of your existing content present.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 5 of 7 (237 Views)

All Replies

@LottyBabee  There's a lot of information in a msinfo report that you probably don't want to be public, so it's a good idea to remove the upload from your post.  That's why we generally ask for a dxdiag instead: it has enough info to help with troubleshooting, but not too much.

Anyway, it looks from the msinfo that you don't have a dedicated graphics card?  (There's a lot of text, and I didn't get through all of it.)  If so, then the integrated chip is running the game, and it may help to update the driver for that chip.  You can get the newest driver from Intel here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29971/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-40-

Message 2 of 7 (275 Views)

★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict okay, thank you for making me aware of that. I'll keep that in mind for future situations.
However, i'm updating my graphic card right now. I'll let you know if that make a difference. Thanks for the help.
Message 3 of 7 (255 Views)

★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Updating the graphic card didnt make a difference
Message 4 of 7 (247 Views)

@LottyBabee  You said you factory reset your game, but at any point did you test a new save in a clean folder?  I'm curious whether this same problem happens in a completely new save, with none of your existing content present.

Message 5 of 7 (238 Views)

★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict i'll factory reset my game again and test that out.
Message 6 of 7 (229 Views)

★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict so I had factory reset my game and started a new save file and the game was very responsive. I decided to add my previous save files into the game to test them out. They are working as well. So the next step will be for me to do the 50/50 method with my mods and cc. Thank you for the help. I got it from here.
Message 7 of 7 (223 Views)