Re: Lag issues

by crinrict

Original Post

Lag issues

★ Novice

What about the game stopping but the birds are still singing etc and the green above your sim is still moving and then after  a bit it starts again.   This is most irritating.

And the issue where the Sims slide instead of walk some times.

My computer more then meets specs and I have a Asus gtx560 video card and its fully up to date with drivers.

Message 1 of 7 (1,164 Views)

Hero

Did you read the post about Lags & Freezes ?

Most of the times it's a stuck Sim somewhere which can be solved with the resetsim * cheat. It really depends of the amount of time you're seeing the issue. If it's just for a couple of seconds, maybe up to a minute or two, most of tips on that post do apply. If you get complete freezing and you're not able to do anything but to kill the game, it's a something else that is amiss.

As for the sliding, I get that too. I find it slightly annoying but it doesn't make the game unplayable. Does it for you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (1,162 Views)

★ Novice

I reset the Sims but its persistant.   Up to a minute or 2 for me but it always starts to work again. 

I notice the longer I play in a session the less it becomes most of the time.   Its almost like the game has to adjust./

Im going to remove some of the big venues as they appear to affect my game.  Im convinced of it as they are very glitchy and my Sims always have issues when they go in the largest ones lag wise etc.

the sliding and hesitant jogging does not affect my game just bothersome.

Thanks for the reply

Message 3 of 7 (1,156 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Your card may be using onboard graphics, if it has them, instead of using your graphics card itself to run the game. This is more common on laptop graphics cards than it is on desktop cards however as well as more prominate in older cards. To check which is running a particular program follow these steps.

1. Start

2. Settings

3. Control Panel

4. nVidia Control Panel

5. Manage 3D Settings (Left)

6. Program Settings (Right)

7. Find Sims 3 or Add the Sims 3 executable. 

8. Check which GPU runs the game. If its not your GTX570 than its probably on board graphics. Switch it to your GTX570, hit apply, restart for good measure.

If that doesnt work, sometimes it can be a problem with your resolution. Try reducing the over all size of your resolution. This will put less stress on your machine and give an overall better performing experience.

Message 4 of 7 (1,155 Views)

Hero

Do you play while logged in ? It may be worth trying to log out and see if that makes a difference. I sometimes think that the lag on their servers affect our games if we are connected.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 7 (1,151 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

There could be a program running in the background that is sucking up processing power. I would advise that you run the game in Window mode (alt-enter) and when this slowdown happens, press ctrl-shift-esc and in the Windows task manager organize first by CPU usage, and see if it is Sims 3 that is using the most, or something else. After that, organize by Memory used, and see if something is using up more memory than it should.

Message 6 of 7 (1,137 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Here are some steps to do :

1) Try checking if your PC is on the recommended system requirements at http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/.

2) Try decreasing the graphics quality for your game.

3) Try updating your drivers through the AMD/Nvidia official routes.

3) Try running on a clean boot http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135 .

4) Try to right click the game, Properties, Compatibility, Disable visual theme.

5) You can try to disable the UAC through your control panel http://www.petri.co.il/disable-uac-in-windows-7.htm.

6) You can try to download some free optimizing programs like 'Game Booster' and such which helps in making the game run more smooth.

7) Try giving the game a higher priority, you can do so by running it, go to your Task Manager, find it in the processes menu and right click it, give it a high priority but I don't prefer real time because that might cause some issues.

8) Try repairing your game through your Origin client by right clicking it, repair game.

Wish that helps you in your issue, have a nice day ahead Standard smile.

Message 7 of 7 (1,103 Views)