Re: Lag after the recent update sims 4

by Willowrazorclawz

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Lag after the recent update sims 4

★★ Novice

Just recently with in the last few days my game started to lag crash and have items disappear. I do not have mods or cc. I have repaired the game deleted caches and even moved pics and videos out of their folders. On my desk top I have deleted stuff I no longer need but still having problems. Loading is the worst lag and when my detective got to the crime scene it was like pulling teeth to get the social pie to come up when i clicked on a sim. I have deleted games i no longer play. I did recently build a large house  but it is not crammed full of stuff and is on a different save file. I have all packs except the backyard stuff pack.

Message 1 of 8 (521 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Novice

Not sure but I had over 8 hours of sims videos I made and deleted and no issues. No lag crash or long wait times on loading screens.

View in thread

Message 5 of 8 (487 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Hi @Willowrazorclawz

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/HOW-TO-DxDiag-for-Sims-3-PC-Only/td-p/1049584/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (499 Views)

★★ Novice

Crin, I hope this is what you need i copied and pasted the stuff needed, if not i can send the original doc. 

Thanks, Willow.

Message 3 of 8 (488 Views)

Hero

Your chipset is below minimum specs so what graphics settings do you have your game on ?

Also the drivers are really old. Not sure if there's newer ones for that chip though. Check the Intel Download Center: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (477 Views)

★★ Novice

Not sure but I had over 8 hours of sims videos I made and deleted and no issues. No lag crash or long wait times on loading screens.

Message 5 of 8 (488 Views)

★★ Novice

This set up has worked since I first got the game. I have a feeling it was the massive amount of videos I had on my comp. Attached is a screen shot from in game.

Graphics custom

Sims: high

Objects: med

lighting: high

reflections: med

Visual; effects: med

edge smoothing: med

3 d scene resolution: med

View distance: High

post processing effects: on

uncompressed sim textures: off

Laptop Mode: off

full screen

default refresh rate

Resolution 1920X1080

Message 6 of 8 (467 Views)

Hero

So all good now ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 8 (463 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes, Now I know dont keep  hours of sims footage on your computer Standard smile. Thank you for taking the time out of your day for helping me.

Message 8 of 8 (452 Views)