Lag After Calling for Travel

by sushicrow

Original Post

Lag After Calling for Travel

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? Most recent
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? GTW, CL, GT, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Vampires, Bowling, Kitchen Stuff, Movie Hangout, Perfect Patio, Vintage Glamour.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use the phone to travel.
What happens when the bug occurs? Really bad lag from right after call is placed until you get to screen to select where to send your sim. Lag lasts anywhere from 30 to 60 game minutes, during which time your sim can go wild doing whatever because you can't control them. The sim it's happening to lives in San Myshuno, but the lag can happen to that sim on any of the maps, is very random. Exiting the game and clearing cache does not help.
What do you expect to see? Very short wait to selection screen and consistency in wait times.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It was after an update, I don't remember which one.

I just updated my game, but this was happening before the most recent update. I haven't played outside of San Myshuno since the latest patch, but before the latest patch I only had this problem when my sim lived in San Myshuno.

Message 1 of 14 (1,249 Views)

Re: Lag After Calling for Travel

Hero
@sushicrow Could you please attach your specs as well as the config.txt file and maybe a short video if you can catch the lags.

Also, does that happen on a fresh save as well or just the current one ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 14 (1,232 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@crinrict   Here are my specs

Windows 8, Intel Core i3 3220 @3.3GHz, Intel HD Graphics 2500, 6G RAM

Sorry, do you mean the config.log? I don't have a vid. It happens right after the phone call is placed, before taking me to the world map. Everything looks the same, but it takes a loong time.

This has been on ongoing issue (only in the city), the sims I put in game are new, however were saved in my library before the most recent update. Also, I just realized that the map I put my sims on was a base game save I made before the most recent update. I will create a new base save and try again, just to make sure. I'll also create a brand new sim. I'm not sure that will help, but it's somthing to do.

Thanks Standard smile

Message 3 of 14 (1,191 Views)

Hero
@sushicrow yes, sorry, config.log. You probably need to change the extension to .txt to upload.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 14 (1,177 Views)

★ Guide

@crinrict  Here ya go. Oh, outside of this issue my game runs really fast, very smooth. I did test with a brand new sim and map, still have issues. Thanks again.

Message 5 of 14 (1,172 Views)

Hero
@sushicrow Since you only have a graphics chips and not a card that might account for lags though.

I will forward this to QA to see if they need more info.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 14 (1,165 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict Ok thanks Standard smile
Message 7 of 14 (1,135 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@sushicrow Can you try moving your entire The Sims 4 folder (in Documents) to your Desktop and starting the game back up, do you still have the issue? Thanks!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 8 of 14 (1,131 Views)

★ Guide
@SimGuruNick When I did this, I selected the option to change to recommmended settings. After the game lowered my settings, the problems did not go away, but when I did get lag it improved by about 50%.

This is an intermittant problem, I suspect it might have to do with actions happening outside my sim's apartment, like mabe a lot of socials or something. I remember that in the past, some apartments were worse than others.

Thanks Standard smile
Message 9 of 14 (1,116 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello @sushicrow 

Could you share a video of the lag that you're seeing?

Here are some ways that you can send video:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 10 of 14 (1,104 Views)