by crinrict

Original Post

Ladders no longer in catalog

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1620
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? island living, get famous, cats and dogs, vampires, weather, city living, get to work, realm of magic, strangervill, parenthood, holiday celebration pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When I go into build mode and use my mouse to hover over stairs and ladders, it only says stairs. And if I click on it there is no option for ladders. I haven't seen anyone else report having this problem, so it might not be repeatable on your end, but I would like to b able to have access to ladders again.
What happens when the bug occurs? I have no way to use ladders in build mode.
What do you expect to see? I expect there to be ladders.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Screenshot attached. 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title to better reflect the issue

Message 1 of 6 (572 Views)

Re: Ladders disappeared.

Hero

@ChickenHay 

Ladders show in my game.  But I also have Eco Lifestyle.  But 2 ladders were added to base game so you should see them regardless of having EL or not.

I can only think of a few things you can try.

Do they show up again when you start a new game with a new Sims 4 folder.  If they do, then something in your current save is blocking them.

Did you have any cc ladders or stairs?  Even though you've removed them, traces of some things still stay in your save file.  Since you've already removed your mods and cc, you can try deleting the localthumbcache.package file.  That will clear up some things caused by cc and the game will generate a new one the next time you start it.

If neither of those work, then I suggest you do a game repair.

Hope this helps.

Message 2 of 6 (561 Views)

Re: Ladders disappeared.

★ Guide
@ChickenHay Was one of the mods you used to have something like TwistedMexi's Better Build-Buy?
Message 3 of 6 (537 Views)

Re: Ladders no longer in catalog

Hero
@ChickenHay Have you been able to solve this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (500 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I also can't find any ladders in the game and the only mods I use are the updated MCCC and UI Extentions. I have no cc. Never had any.

Message 5 of 6 (392 Views)

Hero
@Mariasha1977 Are you using the legacy edition by chance ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (382 Views)