Lack of townies/played households in the streets and festivals not spawning.

by andypuk1980a

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Lack of townies/played households in the streets and festivals not spawning.

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Most of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game
What happens when the bug occurs? Get invited to a festival that has just started in San Myshuno etc, attend the event with another NPC Sim but no food stands, townies or other festival objects spawn and can't do anything to complete the festival objective.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see townies walking around and getting involved in the festival interracting with festival objects and talking to each other etc, I'm not seeing any of this at the moment, just an empty space where the festival is supposed to be, also possibly related I'm not seeing many townies or played households walking around or by lots in the streets in the different worlds, this has been occuring since the latest patch and since i purchased Cottage Living.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Updated all mods, reset the MCCC Population settings to default and restarted the game numerous times, reset the Sims folder in my documents and verified game files via Steam (I play through Steam) it's all still happening.

After the recent patches and buying Cottage Living, i'm not seeing many townies or even other played households walking around in the streets, no one is stopping at the food stalls in San Myshuno to buy or eat anything, not even any buskers performing at the busking points, this seems to be happening in other worlds as well.

And when my sim gets invited to go to a festival such as the Spice Festival in San Myshuno, after accepting and travelling to it with the group there is nothing there, no townies, no food stalls, no music, nothing, just an empty space where it's supposed to be happening, all my sim can do is talk to the members of the group and on the rare occassion talk to the odd townie who does spawn to fix the generator in the street etc.

Message 1 of 5 (857 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Lack of townies/played households in the streets and festivals not spawning.

Hero
@andypuk1980a Did you get a chance to test this without mods installed ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 3 of 5 (797 Views)

All Replies

Re: Lack of townies/played households in the streets and festivals not spawning.

Hero
@andypuk1980a There is a known issue with Sims not ordering stuff but otherwise, did you test this without mods installed ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (833 Views)

Hero
@andypuk1980a Did you get a chance to test this without mods installed ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 3 of 5 (798 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Ah yes, sorry, it seems to be working as normal now, townies are walking around and festivals are spawning as normal, so this can be closed off now.

Message 4 of 5 (787 Views)

Hero
@andypuk1980a Glad to hear you solve this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 5 (763 Views)