Kitchen counter Realm of Magic

by fernanda_l

Original Post

Kitchen counter Realm of Magic

★★ Apprentice

The counter changes from brown to white when is dirty the kitchen counter changes from dark brown to white when it gets dirty

Message 1 of 5 (476 Views)

Re: Kitchen counter Realm of Magic

★★★★ Expert

@fernanda_l  Are you sure the counter is from ROM? Could you please give the exact name of it that it has in build/buy?

I dirtied all the dark counters from that pack, but they all look ordinary to me. There is an old graphical issue with the S. Cargeaux Counter Island from base game though, that sounds like your description. I could not find the bug report on it, but I think there might be one, since I read it here:
https://forums.thesims.com/en_Us/discussion/comment/14341340/#Comment_14341340

This is how it looks in my game:
S.Cargeaux Counter Island.png

The black and white to the right (horisontal surfice white; vertical surfice black) is how it looks when bought from build/buy; and the all-white but dirty one to the left is how it looks when it is filthy.

This is how the dark counters from ROM looked when dirty:

dark counters ROM.png

It would be interesting if there is another counter from ROM with this issue.

Message 2 of 5 (437 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@fernanda_l   I found it! Sorry about that (I blame my eyes as well as my observation). You are right, it is the ROM's: The Iron Counter Island:

The Iron Counter Island ROM when dirty.png

The left one is how it looks in Build/Buy mode when bought (horisontal plane white and checkered; vertical plane brown); and the right one is how it looks when dirty.

You should make a bug report on it, I want to Me Too on it Standard smile

Here is how to:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-does-this-forum-work/m-p/3445427#M83545

Message 3 of 5 (417 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I'm also seeing this in the game. Not a big issue, but it would be nice if it could be fixed.

In addition to the previous commenters who've added pictures, I've also added a picture. This one includes (top to bottom): The Iron Counter - clean, The Iron Counter - dirty, The Iron Counter Island - clean, and The Iron Counter Island - dirty. Each row contains all the swatches in order when using the + key. Also, the swatches that change color when dirty are marked with a red decoration object on it (item from DHD). It looks like 5 out of the 10 swatches are affected.

Message 4 of 5 (111 Views)

@maelbe  Please create a bug report detailing the issue here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

You can attach the same image, or embed it in your post; and refer back to this thread if you want.  However, this thread itself is somewhat old, so I'll lock it here.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 5 of 5 (101 Views)