Re: Kids return from school when scientist goes to work

by Scarlet1519

Original Post

Kids return from school when scientist goes to work

★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.44.88.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, vampires, jungle adventure, outdoor retreat, dine out, parenthood, luxury party, bowling night, laundry day, toddler, perfect patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have an adult sim in the scientist career and a child or teen sim
What happens when the bug occurs? Children will go to school, then an hour later the scientist will go to work. If you choose to join the scientist, the children will return from school right when the scientist arrives at work. They miss most of the school day and their responsibility decreases.
What do you expect to see? I expect the kids to stay at school until the school day ends.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

When I join my adult sim in her scientist career (haven't tested this for doctor or detective) the kids come home from school right when she gets to work and their responsibility decreases as if they're skipping school.

Message 1 of 9 (347 Views)

Hero

I've never seen this happen in my game event

Do you have a save where this is happening ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (335 Views)

Hero

Tagging @Jessycaz for further feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 9 (305 Views)

★★ Guide

Yeah, it’s happening in one of my saves. I can try a new save to see if it happens there too

Message 4 of 9 (273 Views)

Hero

HI @Jessycaz

there was just a patch. Can you update, then try ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 9 (265 Views)

★★ Guide

In a new save, the kids are staying at school while the adult is at the career. Maybe the patch did it. I can’t test on the save where it was happening unless I recover one of the previous saves, because I moved the teen out and decided to play with just her rather than the whole family. I’ll accept this as the solution and hopefully it won’t happen again.

Thank you for all of your quick responses 

Message 6 of 9 (261 Views)

Hero

Hi @Jessycaz

going to move this to tech forum for now.

Let me know if you get it back.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 9 (256 Views)

★★ Novice
It happens for the the other jobs. For me it doesn't just send the kids home but other adults at work too, not allowing them to make much money or gain experience.
Message 8 of 9 (242 Views)

Hero
Any holiday's going on for you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 9 (233 Views)