Kids disappeared after parents died

by avecremm

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Kids disappeared after parents died

★★★★★ Novice

Okay so

I had two active households. One was my main and the other was so the kids could have non NPC friends. That second household was an elderly couple with 2 twin children. Now, I switched between both families often, but this time both elders died while i was on the other family, and now their kids are nowhere to be found. They're not even in the relationships tab of my main family's members..

Then I thought maybe they were sent out for adoption and tried to adopt them but they're not on the list of adoptable children either.

Is this normal?? Is there a way to fix it?

I mean, the best way to fix it would be going back to a saved game where they're still alive, but for some reason I don't have one.. I really worked on these families relationships and now theyre all gone please help somebody? Frown

Message 1 of 6 (17,411 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Kids disappeared after parents died

★★★★★ Novice

UPDATE: 

Just after posting this I thought "there must be a way to go back to a saved game after overwriting the last save". And there is! It's quite simple actually:

1. Go to: C:\Users\<Username>\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\saves
  2. Sort files by date modified
  3. The game actually automatically creates backups of your saves when you delete or overwrite a save. "Slot_00000001.save" is autosave. Your "Saved as.." games should look something like this:Slot_00000017.save (Main save)Slot_00000017.save.ver0 (backup 1)Slot_00000017.save.ver1 (backup 2)Slot_00000017.save.ver2 (backup 3)..and so on
  4. Now, what you want to do is move your .save file to another location (or delete it, althought I recommend saving it elsewhere in case something goes wrong)
  5. Once you moved your main save elsewhere, all you have to do is remove the ".ver#"  from the end of the file you want to restore.

Now the file you renamed will be added back to the list of games you can load!

I hope this helps someone that had similar problems as me. Happy Simming!

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (17,855 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Novice

UPDATE: 

Just after posting this I thought "there must be a way to go back to a saved game after overwriting the last save". And there is! It's quite simple actually:

1. Go to: C:\Users\<Username>\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\saves
  2. Sort files by date modified
  3. The game actually automatically creates backups of your saves when you delete or overwrite a save. "Slot_00000001.save" is autosave. Your "Saved as.." games should look something like this:Slot_00000017.save (Main save)Slot_00000017.save.ver0 (backup 1)Slot_00000017.save.ver1 (backup 2)Slot_00000017.save.ver2 (backup 3)..and so on
  4. Now, what you want to do is move your .save file to another location (or delete it, althought I recommend saving it elsewhere in case something goes wrong)
  5. Once you moved your main save elsewhere, all you have to do is remove the ".ver#"  from the end of the file you want to restore.

Now the file you renamed will be added back to the list of games you can load!

I hope this helps someone that had similar problems as me. Happy Simming!

Message 2 of 6 (17,856 Views)

Champion

Glad you solved your problem!  Thanks for posting your solution.Angel  I'm sure it will help someone! 

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 6 (17,378 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I play several different households and didn't realize the elderly mother died until several days later. Does anyone know if there is a way to get the kid back or find her other then going back to a previous save?

Message 4 of 6 (15,444 Views)

Hero
@ksc0010 Hi, no, there isn't. When the kid is removed, it's gone from the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 6 (15,428 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it being necroed.

If you have any issues with Sims 4 please make a new topic about the issues you are having and what kind of steps you have tried to solve it.

/Atic
Message 6 of 6 (15,418 Views)