Kids Wont Go to School & Sims Wont Get Notified of School / Work

by sssavage04

Original Post

Kids Wont Go to School & Sims Wont Get Notified of School / Work

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Base, Seasons, Get to Work, Get Famous, City Living, Parenthood, Vampires, Luxury Party Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Toddler Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Playing the game as usual
What happens when the bug occurs? Children arent able to attend school, not notified of school start time, adults not notified about work start time either
What do you expect to see? Notifications to state it is an hour before a sim has to go to work / school, for them to automatically go to work without needing to select if for them, and being able to have children go to school in general
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I’ve been playing the game as usual. Not sure when the bug started but within the last week or two. I get no notification of school / work coming up and sims wont automatically attend either. I’m able to send my sims to work but I can’t send the children to school. No mods. I’ve exitted & restarted the game multiple times. Tried different families. Nothing

Message 1 of 6 (2,179 Views)

Re: Kids Wont Go to School & Sims Wont Get Notified of School / Work

Hero

Hi @sssavage04 

could you check if there's currently a holiday going on ? There's a known issue with that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (2,163 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue and I don't have the seasons pack and 3 of the 4 children are attending school still, so I know it's not because of a holiday.

Message 3 of 6 (2,155 Views)

Hero

Would you guys be willing to share your save with me ?

If so, please zip your saves folder and upload it somewhere like dropbox,, googledrive or OneDrive and PM me the link.

@jomaca32190  @sssavage04 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (2,149 Views)

★★★ Novice

okay, so I don't know if this will help with everyone, but I had my child take a personal school day off and after her day off she was able to return to school! YAY! Thank you for your help though. It's good to know I'm not the only one that had this issue! Hope you can get your game figured out Standard smile

Message 5 of 6 (2,144 Views)

Hero

Hi @sssavage04 

Moving this to tech issues for further troubleshooting and info

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (2,076 Views)