Re: Key code and Can't Uninstall CD's

by kiki_kikid3

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Key code and Can't Uninstall CD's

★ Novice

I have had this computer for over ten years and clearly have not used it for a few years after down sizing to a small computer for school. I am now finally replacing this junk so that I can play my old games; however, files seem to be messed up which means I don't know for sure if downloaded my old sims 2 and 3 on this old junk or not. I have no way of uninstalling games because there is no file or the file that does come up when I put the cd in is messed up. I am trying to add my old sims games to Origin but guess what the key codes have been used and I cannot get it on my origin account, so that I can throw this old junk out and play on my new computer. 

Please help because I am losing it

Message 1 of 3 (453 Views)

Accepted Solution

@kiki_kikid3  The reason your codes read as used is that they're already associated with an Origin account, not necessarily installed on your old computer.  Even if you never used Origin before now, if you registered your packs on the Sims 3 Store site, that would still count—Origin and the store share information.

However, all you'd need to do is login to Origin with your store credentials, and your content should already appear in your game library.  If you're not sure what email address you would have used back then, it might still be stored on your old computer, provided you never uninstalled.  Inside Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads, there may be a file labeled [your email].bin, which would be the address associated with your store account.

If this doesn't help you, the only other way to get your content added to your account would be to contact EA customer support.  Take a photo for each pack that shows the disc as well as the insert with the code clearly showing; you can upload these photos directly to a live chat session.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

It's also possible to install entirely through disc, with no Origin involvement, provided the discs themselves aren't damaged.  You'd need disc copies of all the packs you'd like to install, plus a base game disc manufactured before September 2012.  Let me know if you'd prefer to go this route, and I'll post instructions.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (444 Views)

All Replies

@kiki_kikid3  The reason your codes read as used is that they're already associated with an Origin account, not necessarily installed on your old computer.  Even if you never used Origin before now, if you registered your packs on the Sims 3 Store site, that would still count—Origin and the store share information.

However, all you'd need to do is login to Origin with your store credentials, and your content should already appear in your game library.  If you're not sure what email address you would have used back then, it might still be stored on your old computer, provided you never uninstalled.  Inside Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads, there may be a file labeled [your email].bin, which would be the address associated with your store account.

If this doesn't help you, the only other way to get your content added to your account would be to contact EA customer support.  Take a photo for each pack that shows the disc as well as the insert with the code clearly showing; you can upload these photos directly to a live chat session.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

It's also possible to install entirely through disc, with no Origin involvement, provided the discs themselves aren't damaged.  You'd need disc copies of all the packs you'd like to install, plus a base game disc manufactured before September 2012.  Let me know if you'd prefer to go this route, and I'll post instructions.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (445 Views)

★ Novice

I just went the route of installing the cd’s on the computer and it seems to now be hooked up with my origin account - thank you everyone!!

Message 3 of 3 (433 Views)