Keep furniture in custom house for custom sims

by soomermaco

Original Post

Keep furniture in custom house for custom sims

★★★ Newbie

How do I keep furniture inside my custom made houses for custom sims, after I've edited the town so that the neighbourhood would be filled with custom sims and houses?

Message 1 of 4 (385 Views)

Re: Keep furniture in custom house for custom sims

@soomermaco  I'm not sure exactly what you're asking.  If you build and furnish a house, it will remain as you made it until and unless you manually edit it yourself.  This is true even if you save the lot to the bin and place it later, in your original save or another.  Sims won't buy or sell furniture on their own; the game isn't coded for that function.

If you're seeing certain items disappear from houses you've built, you might have an issue with custom content not loading properly.  But that would be due to corruption in your TS3 game folder, not anything happening in-game.  If your problem is different, it would help if you could describe exactly what you're seeing.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (370 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I start a new map, edit the town, pick an empty lot, pick a premade house from empty households "has furniture in it", add custom made family in the house "purchase", switch out of the town-edit, choose the sims I want to control, visit neighbour and find their house empty!

Message 3 of 4 (366 Views)

@soomermaco  When you're prompted to purchase the house on behalf of the sims, you have the option to buy it furnished or unfurnished.  (It costs more furnished, obviously, so you might see that option greyed out if the sims don't have enough money.)  But if this technique isn't working, you could instead try starting with the family you want to control (move them in, play for a few in-game minutes).  Then retreat into Edit Town, place and decorate the other sims' house to your liking, and move them into it.  There might be something about the initial game setup that's blocking your efforts, but this way, you can bypass the setup function and use the regular "Edit Town."

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (350 Views)