Re: Just did the update for the Sims 3 now I am unable to open the launch to play the game

by jsmakbkr

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Just did the update for the Sims 3 now I am unable to open the launch to play the game

★★ Novice

Message 1 of 4 (133 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Just did the update for the Sims 3 now I am unable to open the launch to play the game

★★ Novice

I did  not receive an error message but I was able to fix it by doing a system restore.  Once I had done a system restore I was able to reinstall the patch and now is working.

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (132 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

What happens? Do you get an error message? 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for being part of Answer HQ Community!
Make sure that you are automatically notified by email when your question gets a reply by clicking the 'Subscriptions' box on the right hand side of the 'New Question' page.
Did a solution help you? Let everybody know by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" button.
If you wish to provide further information or answer a question, click on the "Reply" button.
If you are especially happy with someone's response, reward them by clicking on "XP".
Message 2 of 4 (129 Views)

★★ Novice

I did  not receive an error message but I was able to fix it by doing a system restore.  Once I had done a system restore I was able to reinstall the patch and now is working.

Message 3 of 4 (133 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

A system restore seems a bit drastic, but thanks for letting us know how you got on! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for being part of Answer HQ Community!
Make sure that you are automatically notified by email when your question gets a reply by clicking the 'Subscriptions' box on the right hand side of the 'New Question' page.
Did a solution help you? Let everybody know by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" button.
If you wish to provide further information or answer a question, click on the "Reply" button.
If you are especially happy with someone's response, reward them by clicking on "XP".
Message 4 of 4 (122 Views)