Re: Just bought Sims 4, but CAN'T play!!!...

by EA_Francois

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Just bought Sims 4, but CAN'T play!!!...

★★★ Novice

I just bought Sims 4, installation and everything went good, but I can't even play the game until the update is downloaded, tried downloading the update several times, but it always fails downloading. All this just because of F*CKING Origin! I even sent a Error Report, but I don't even know if that will help.

So EA, how do you suppose to make me spend all my money on your games, games that can only be played by such a abomination called Origin, when NOTHING works on that thing?! So what shall I do now?! I just spent money on your game all for NOTHING! If you do not help me or fix up that F*CKING Origin of a abomination, I'm forced to do away with my new game and then I'll never ever buy your games ever again. Because these things ain't justified nor right in any way!!!

Or if someone, member or admin, anyone, help me with this issue. How can I get my Sims 4 game update even download successfully when the download itself fails!? Please, someone please, help!!!

Message 1 of 7 (2,489 Views)

Accepted Solution

This is what is advised in your situation:

The game doesn't update properly (failed or nothing happens)

(Credits)

1. Open Task Manager (right click on the bar at the bottom)
  2. Open the 'Processes' tab (may vary depending on your OS)
  3. Check if you have a proces ts4 running and if so, end it
  4. The update should now download without crashing every time you go to retry.

Source: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Installation-Updating-and-Startup-Issues/td-p/4276949

Please let us know if this works for you. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

View in thread

Message 4 of 7 (2,552 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

@ZeldAlice

Try using a little less expletives and a little more detailed error messages or behaviors, please.

What downloading problem do you encounter when you try downloading the game? Standard smile

If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!
Message 2 of 7 (2,469 Views)

★★★ Novice

If you had read my message properly instead of just focusing on my negative words, you would have understood this; The installation went good with the game (I have the disc-version), but it is the download of the update which isn't working, it's the update you need to even be able to play the game. But the downloading of that update fails, Origin is unable to download the update for some reason. Can you fix Origin so it can finally work, or how do I make Origin and its downloading to work. Or could you send me the update somehow or something? Please!!!

Message 3 of 7 (2,447 Views)

This is what is advised in your situation:

The game doesn't update properly (failed or nothing happens)

(Credits)

1. Open Task Manager (right click on the bar at the bottom)
  2. Open the 'Processes' tab (may vary depending on your OS)
  3. Check if you have a proces ts4 running and if so, end it
  4. The update should now download without crashing every time you go to retry.

Source: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Installation-Updating-and-Startup-Issues/td-p/4276949

Please let us know if this works for you. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 4 of 7 (2,553 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Phantomlover1717: Thank you for your reply and answer. I really hope your suggestion will solve my problem, even tough I am afraid that my Origin might be broken too. You see, I had this problem with my The Sims Medieval too (I got the disc-version) I was to download the download-version of The Sims Medieval since it had the new patch for Windows 8 compatibility, but it stayed on "Preparing Download" and then it crashed and failed. I describe this problem more in a topic of mine here; http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Medieval/Please-EA-Somebody-HELP/m-p/4538405#U4538405

The guy replying me over there said that something might be wrong with my Origin and that he suggested me to manually uninstall Origin. But I'm afraid to do that because I'm afraid I might accidently delete something important on the PC which might make it stop working or something. I'm not very good at these things. Which is why I especially hope that your suggestion will work, even tough I'm still confused... Is the "Task Manager" etc on the Origin? And if so, where on Origin do I find it? I got the Swedish version of Origin, which is why I'm confused and don't know where exactly I can find things etc...

Message 5 of 7 (2,419 Views)

If you follow the steps provided by Origin to the letter you should be safe:
http://help.ea.com/en/article/manually-uninstalling-origin/

But to be sure, try logging out of Origin, then closing it completely, open it by right clicking the icon of Origin and choose 'start as administrator', then log in with you e-mail address instead of you username. And see if maybe the game will download then. 
Also try restarting your computer, maybe something is just a bit out of wack and it will go back to normal after a reboot of your system. 

If you feel like the person trying to help you isn't helping you, you can also request for someone else to help you. But keep in mind the Sims Medieval isn't as big as The Sims 4 and there are less helpers that can help you.
Also because it's an Origin issue more then a Sims Medieval you could choose to ask the question in the Origin part of this forum:
http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/bd-p/O-2

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 6 of 7 (2,400 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

To expand on what @Phantomlover1717 said, if you are still not sure about how to proceed, you could always contact one of our advisors to walk you through the process step by step. Simply hit our support (I gave you the Swedish support link which has a phone number): Standard smile

http://help.ea.com/se/contact-us/new/?product=the-sims-4&platform=pc&subject=Help+me+manually+uninst...

If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!
Message 7 of 7 (2,377 Views)