June Patch messed up my entire game

by melmo25

Original Post

June Patch messed up my entire game

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? EP04: 1.assts.ml-ep04.147
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Can not download saved games after june patch. Okay, fine. started a new game. now can not load that game. started a new game and now sims freeze in place. everything in background still goes on, but sims do not move. i have to hit M to move from lot and it happens all over again. game is unplayable after the patch!!!
What happens when the bug occurs? everything freezes if the game does load and most of the time the game crashes before it even loads.
What do you expect to see? i expect to see my town screen actually load. i expect to see my sims actually move, not just stay in place.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It was the june 3rd update patch from origin.

The new patch from origin made this game unplayable. Can not play saved games. start news ones and everything is fine for a while until I try to go back in, then I can not load those files. start another new file and now sims are freezing in place and not perfoming actions unless I move lots and then it happens again within minutes. Game is not playable. 

Message 1 of 4 (243 Views)

Re: June Patch messed up my entire game

Hero
@melmo25 Moving this to tech for further troubleshooting. Someone else will assist you

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (198 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@melmo25 

Please post a DxDiag. https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/
You can attach the txt file directly to your answer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 3 of 4 (189 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Same thing happened to me.  My game is destroyed.  Cant play, cannot interact with objects, just a weird freeze.  EA needs to do better. 

Message 4 of 4 (183 Views)