[June 3rd] - Unable to reinstall game after update

by goofylittlerhino

Original Post

Sims Pack isn't downloading

★★ Novice

Hi there, I decided do play Sims again and bought all my missing packs on Origin and had no problem downloading  them. I checked if I own all of them and if they are installed and was suprised that an old pack that I used before was no longer installed. I decided to just download it again and it somehow doesn't work. I'm using the german Origin so I'll try to translate everything. 

When I click on the orange 'Download Button' it changes to 'Preparing for Download'. After a while a little window pops up, lower left  corner, saying  'Download failed'. Another one pops up in the middle of the screen Download Error, Origin wasn't able to download, check your wifi. All other packs are downloading, so my wifi is just fine.  

When I start the game and click on 'My Packs' the one with 'Sims 4 my first pet' is the only one that has a red text about the requirements. It says Sims 4 plus updates and Pets plus updates. All packs except My first pet are working. I tried repairing and to update the game through Origin. No change.

What can I do?

Message 81 of 167 (543 Views)

Re: Sims Pack isn't downloading

[ Edited ]
Hero

@EpicLove28 @Rachaelwolf2004 @LadyE89 

I merged your post with the current report for this.

It's an issue on EA's side and it's being looked into.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 82 of 167 (524 Views)

Re: Sims 4 wont download, but only Sims 4

★★ Novice

I tried using the EA App and it still won't download My First Pet Stuff specifically.

Message 83 of 167 (494 Views)

Re: Sims 4 wont download, but only Sims 4

★★ Novice
@Freshbakedsimmer Thank god I'm not alone with this. It's only the First Pet Pack for me as well.
Message 84 of 167 (487 Views)

Re: [June 3rd] - Unable to reinstall game after update

★★★ Novice

I'm having the same problem. Cleared the cache of both ea play and origin but no luck

Message 85 of 167 (429 Views)

Re: Error message when downloading sims pack

★ Novice

mine is saying the same I have also tried to uninstall and reinstall and still getting the error message 

Message 86 of 167 (420 Views)

Re: Error message when downloading sims pack

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@PeachyQueen1990it is a problem that is general with different problems and in the end they are all linked

now we just have to wait for team EA to find a solution to the problem internally which is currently being examined.

Message 87 of 167 (413 Views)

We're sorry, Origin was unable to download your game.

★★★ Newbie

I have spoken to two different individuals at EA and they have had me do numerous steps... I have deleted the cache, reinstalled and uninstalled origin, ran origin as an administrator and even checked firewalls and security settings.. My sims 4 will not download, neither will the expansion packs... just keep seeing this message.. "We're sorry, Origin was unable to download your game. Please check your internet connection, or try again later."

Message 88 of 167 (311 Views)

★ Apprentice
Same for me. From few days I had message with this kit when try to repair game.
Today because of still not solved problem with ONSEN i reinstalled game and now I cannot install pet kit.
Message 89 of 167 (393 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@TakaFrancuskait is a problem that is general with different problems and in the end they are all linked

now we just have to wait for team EA to find a solution to the problem internally which is currently being examined.

what I mean is that the different problems, if you still have the game to install you can not connect to the gallery, if you had a problem with the game and you uninstall it you may not be able to reinstall it and of course impossible to download the pack first pet kit

Message 90 of 167 (390 Views)