Re: Origin Won't Download My First Pets

by Jackmack1609

Original Post

Re: [June 3rd] - Unable to reinstall game after update

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Ugh I am having the exact same issue and I've tried so much stuff nothing is working. I tried an uninstall of sims 4 game completely and now it won't even reinstall it. I can't download my sims 4 eps or anything to install them again. I have attached a picture of the error I see.

Oh and I tried the new EA app and it only transferred mass effect and dragon age, but not sims, neither sims 2, 3, or 4 shows up it asks me to purchase them. 

Message 51 of 167 (755 Views)

my first pet stuff pack sims 4

★★ Apprentice

i had the pack installed. but today, sat, my stuff pack uninstalled itself and i can't download it. it keeps says error.

Message 52 of 167 (713 Views)

Re: why do my sims 4 packs keep un-downloading

★★★ Novice

Was this problem resolved? I am currently going through this and this computer is only 1 and a 1/2 months old so it's fairly new. I didn't have this problem before and now it's to the point where the gallery won't open in-game. My first pet stuff pack won't download either. At this point, I am sooooo disappointed in the origin app because I have been reporting the problem. I probably should've got all my sim games on Steam. 

Message 53 of 167 (594 Views)

Origin Won't Download My First Pets

★★★ Novice

hi there! i'm running into an issue i could use some help with.

i'm doing a fresh install of TS4 on a new laptop (Windows 11, x64), but there's a problem that keeps coming up - every pack except for My First Pets will download, and that one receives an error telling me to check my internet connection or try again later.

if it was an internet connection issue, i don't think any other ones would have downloaded, especially the data-heavier game packs. has anyone run into this issue before? is there anything i can do as a workaround? i've done several fresh installs of the entirety of the game, cleared the caches (as read in other help articles), and repaired the game files multiple times, so i'm at a bit of a loss. any help or advice would be appreciated!

Message 54 of 167 (761 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@kyokihinoteSame here. Redownloaded the game yesterday, I have all DLC except Star Wars, Weddings, and most of the kits and they all downloaded fine. Some people on reddit have also said they can't download it.

Seems to be an EA/Origin problem.

Message 55 of 167 (742 Views)

Error message when downloading sims pack

★★★ Newbie

My first pet stuff pack isn't downloading, and I keep on getting this error message "We're sorry, Origin was unable to download your game. Please check your internet connection or try again later." even though I'm connected to the internet, I ran origin as the administrator, I've deleted everything and redownload it, I clear the cache, I've made origin and sims 4 an exception to my firewall, I've reset my network setting, I turned off technical preview, I repair the game, I deleted all my mods, nothing would work. I am on PC, and I have Sims 4 on steam.

Message 56 of 167 (712 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@kyokihinoteI came here to report this same thing. I was having a recurring bug while playing with only Get To Work & base game so I reenabled all packs (I own all packs) & also decided to repair my game. When doing this all the packs go through a "downloading packs" popup in the download manager. My First Pet Stuff stalled out & I got the message my internet may be the problem the pack did not install.

I restarted my computer, restarted Origin the problem happened a second time. I was allowed to load my game so I decided to do it & see if the pack reads as installed or not. The pack is available to play & my saves all load with objects where they belong & build recognizes all My First Pet Stuff objects.

But the message pops up again if I restart my computer. The same process of the download manager repeating a full cycle of all 50+ packs & it stalls out on My First Pet Stuff.

I have never had this happen before with any pack. I am unsure what to do.

Edit: I will add my current internet speed is 82mbps & I am having no internet problems but I cannot access the gallery. The connect to gallery popup stalls out as well.

So is this a problem on Origin's back end?

I dont usually play on PC so I forgot to say I have no mods or CC.

Message 57 of 167 (730 Views)

Re: [June 3rd] - Unable to reinstall game after update

★★ Apprentice

I'm just coming here to say I have this issue as well - I did download EA Desktop and, while I like this MUCH better than Origin, my base game was not available. I have the Premium Edition (as someone else in the thread mentioned they did as well), which is unavailable. I believe this was changed to the "digital deluxe" version, so owners of the Premium Edition are out of luck. Unfortunately, Origin was completely broken with getting TS4 functional that I had no choice *but* to install it VIA EA Desktop. Here are the things I believe are causing a lot of the issues:

1. My First Pets Stuff is completely broken - this is causing almost all the issues in Origin. Even in the EA Desktop app this is listed as having 0 bytes for a download meaning there are no files available.

2. Since Premium Edition seems to be no longer existent, uninstalling the game to reinstall without MFP in Origin completely broke the process as well.

3. EA Desktop will work if you have any BG version that is *not* the Premium Edition (or Legacy Edition as well, I would imagine, but I'm not sure on this as I don't use it). You have to buy the regular BG or the Digital Deluxe in order to install VIA EA Desktop.

Any updates or patches going forward that requires the game files to be validated and updated, for players who have MFP installed, will undeniably break their installs.

And yes I was forced to rebuy the game just so I could install it since this is so broken, and I'm incredibly disheartened by that fact. I love the game, and very rarely have issues, but I spent 4 hours working on this extensively and it should not have had to come down to installing a new platform (which is fine, really, but still) and rebuying the game over just to get it installed.

Message 58 of 167 (735 Views)

Re: Download Error My first Pet Stuff

★★★★ Novice

Glad it's not just me. I have a terrible habit of Sims-splurging and I honestly couldn't remember if I had actually owned the pack or not. I was scrolling through and noticed it said "download" so I tried to download it and got the error. Turns out I did purchase during the Black Friday sale last year, but alas, it does not download. Clearly I wasn't using it LOL but c'mon, I paid for it fair and square!

Message 59 of 167 (693 Views)

Re: Sims 4 wont download, but only Sims 4

★★★ Newbie

tried that and still not working Frown

Message 60 of 167 (693 Views)