Re: ORIGIN SERVER NOT DOWNLOADING GAMES

by mikaelaisawesome

Original Post

Re: Completely unable to reinstall game as of 6/4/22 update.

Champion (Retired)

@kateelizabeth101 

Please create your own thread where you detail your issue,

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 21 of 167 (1,140 Views)

Re: Sims 4 wont download, but only Sims 4

★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue! Installed the beta app and still cannot play.. keeps now saying 'game cannot be found' after installing.

Message 22 of 167 (1,178 Views)

Community Manager

Accepting as solution for visibility purposes only.

Hey everyone,

Thanks for the reports! These have been passed along to be investigated.

It looks as though some folks have had success using the EA app rather than Origin to install the game, so that may be worth a try while we're looking into this further.

We've merged a few different threads on this topic so you can keep an eye out here for any updates as we get them, thank you.

Mako.png
Message 23 of 167 (4,229 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Im having the same issue. My game was glitching really bad and then froze. So I uninstalled the game and tried to re-install it and I get the same error. 

Message 24 of 167 (1,101 Views)

Patch Has Caused More Issues

★ Guide

Every time I open Origin its constantly running the repair install or checking for errors on my Sims 4 install and wont stop

My First Pet DLC wont install

When in Build Mode and trying to make a wall it shows items in yellow it's going to delete, the items are nowhere near where I want to create the wall and there's nothing in the way for me to draw the wall but it keeps highlighting the items it wants to delete.

I dont know what patch you released but maybe you should do some more Q/A and testing first, and no I am not downloading the BETA for EA Desktop because thats still broken and half my games don't work at all and some are not even showing up

Message 25 of 167 (1,030 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I also tried the EA Beta and when I go to play it's saying sims 4 is damaged or missing files, but will not let me repair! I have tried installing it three times.

It's an actual joke at this point.

Message 26 of 167 (1,085 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The EA App is my best friend today! I was able to download the game and all of the add-ons except for My First Pets Stuff; the package for that add-on is null n the EA App, see file size on the screenshot. Fortunately is not a pack I use a lot so I was able to launch the game and recover all of my saves without any issues.

Message 27 of 167 (1,119 Views)

We're sorry, Origin was unable to download your game.

★★★ Newbie

"We're sorry, Origin was unable to download your game. Please check your internet connection, or try again later." I get this error when trying to install Sims 4, and only Sims 4. I spent a lot of money on this game and I want to play it. Please help.

I'm Windows 10. I have done everything from other topics that I've found on this issue, from clearing cache, reinstalling Origin, running CCleaner, running as administrator, turning off firewall/UAC, etc. None of these things worked.

The only game that won't download is The Sims 4. I can install other games. The only game that gives me this error is Sims 4. This is extremely baffling to me. I don't know why it is doing this. 

Message 28 of 167 (1,107 Views)

Re: We're sorry, Origin was unable to download your game.

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same exact problem.... I also tried running EA BETA and still can't play as saying the sims 4 is missing files or damaged, but I can't repair it.

Message 29 of 167 (1,103 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I tried the EA beta and once it's installed it keeps saying 'files damaged or missing' and I cannot play at all.

Message 30 of 167 (1,111 Views)