Re: Completely unable to reinstall game as of 6/4/22 update.

by goofylittlerhino

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice

I'm having a very similar issue. I was playing my game like usual today and all of a sudden it crashed. After that, I went into Origin with the intention of repairing my game and noticed there was a new update to be installed. However, when I tried to update, nothing happened. After that, I tried to repair my game and it failed to repair the base game but repaired everything else. It still let me go into the game so I tried to play again. This time, it crashed a few minutes after loading. I reloaded Origin and it tried to install the update mentioned earlier but still couldn't update the base game. I honestly have no clue how to fix this but I'm glad to know I'm not alone in this situation. Hoping someone has some answers!

Message 11 of 167 (989 Views)

@blingket 

I want to thank you for making my night. I felt like a crazy person in the desert to whom YOU just brought water.

I had a genuine (if mild) paranoia that someone was going to say I imagined this, because I can't find any reference to this update. And then you said THIS:

"After that, I tried to repair my game and it failed to repair the base game but repaired everything else."

YES, YES, YES. Identical experience.

So, if I'd actually played my game, what you say implies that it would have crashed in a few minutes. Just reiterating a warning, if you uninstall sims, you will be unable to reinstall it, and Origin will repeatedly tell you that the attempt to reinstall has failed -- or that's been my experience. I'm checking the subdirectories and absolutely nothing is downloading.

The only thing uninstalling stops is the repeated, bizarre attempts to download the patch.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for this.

Message 12 of 167 (979 Views)

I place this here because I don't want to cause more confusion by editing my thread title. Moderator or others, please do what you see fit.

IMPORTANT NOTE: The update was on June 3, 2022, NOT the 4th.

Message 13 of 167 (977 Views)

Re: Download Error My first Pet Stuff

★ Guide

Yep same here I am having issues with other things as well like trying to place walls and it says it wants to deleted objects that are nowhere near the wall I want to build, I have items that vanish back to storage when I load up my game the next day that belong to Cottage Village DLC and now this pack wont download at all

Message 14 of 167 (900 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@goofylittlerhino 

This is likely a problem with Origins cache. https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 15 of 167 (948 Views)

Re: Origin client won't reinstall sims 4 stuff pack

★★ Novice

I'm having the exact same issue except I didn't uninstall anything. Suddenly MFPS is uninstalled and I can't download it without getting the "We're sorry, Origin was unable to download your game. Please check your internet connection, or try again later." error. 

I've cleared my cache, made the exception for origin and repaired the game. No luck. 

Message 16 of 167 (922 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hey @ChinUpChick,

I've moved your post to a more relevant board than EA General Questions.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 17 of 167 (906 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This still didn’t work 

Message 18 of 167 (920 Views)

ORIGIN SERVER NOT DOWNLOADING GAMES

★★★ Newbie

I am using a new laptop (acer 5 nitro). I downloaded ORIGIN and cannot install my sims 4 games. It keeps saying 'cant download, try again later'. before I was getting Error: 327684:1 failure download.

I have tried reinstalling origin, clearing cache & also turning off my norton security to see if that makes a difference! NOTHING is working.

I contacted acer support, but they have said it sounds like an origin problem? how can I fix this?

Message 19 of 167 (915 Views)

★ Apprentice

I got a new computer two days ago. I'm having the same issue with trying to downloads sims 4.

Message 20 of 167 (892 Views)