Re: June 18th 2019 Patch - Download Speed is Soul-Crushingly Slow

by l_LilMagician_l

Original Post

June 18th 2019 Patch - Download Speed is Soul-Crushingly Slow

★★★★ Apprentice

I've had this problem once before with the Strangerville GP, only now, the download speed is even worse. It starts out at around 114Kbps and then drops all the way down to 30-90 Kbps. As you can imagine, Origin predicts this will take over 7 hours to complete. This is completely ridiculous and extremely frustrating. My Internet is not the problem as I have a download speed of nearly 94 Mbps. The 2019 April patches downloaded just fine (within a few minutes), and nothing has changed on my end. 

With Strangerville, it took nearly 6 hours of me finagling with settings for it to work, and I'm not even certain if what I did actually solved the problem or not. The game just randomly decided it would start downloading quickly. I had a feeling that enabling "Safe Mode" for downloading might have had something to do with it, so I went to check that it was enabled but surprise, surprise - the "Safe Mode" option is now mysteriously gone from Origin! Where it should be located underneath "Origin In-Game logging", there is instead nothing but an empty space of sadness and bitterness. It is now 11:47 pm and I'm going to leave my computer on over the night in hopes that EA's servers or whatever will decide to stop being moody PITA and let me download the patch. EA, please fix these problems, for the love of all that is holy.  

Message 1 of 3 (314 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@l_LilMagician_l

Safe mode downloading is removed from Origin by EA.

Go to the Origin /Library right click onTS4 - option stop update

Then right-click on TS4 - option "repair game"

Then once more right-click on TS4 - option "check updates"
Be sure you have enough free space left on the drive for it. Minimum 10 GB

I don't work for EA
Message 2 of 3 (297 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@kreatora If I have the problem again, I'll try that. When I came back to my computer the next morning, the patch had been downloaded, but who knows how long it took.

I just finished downloading Island Living, an expansion pack, in less than 4 minutes. I hit a top download speed of 12 Mbps, and the speed varied between 9 and 12 Mbps during the download. THAT'S what should be happening, so I don't know what causes this massive change.
Message 3 of 3 (271 Views)