Original Post

Accepted Solution

Journey to Batuu - SW aliens turning human

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Steam-PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.67.45.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Journey to Batuu, Cats and Dogs, Holiday Celebration and Grim's Ghoulish Guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? While in the Batuu location, go to the Social tab and "invite to the current lot" some alien acquaintances.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sim's head loses its alien "hat" and looks human.
What do you expect to see? The Sim to maintain its appearance and species from the previous time I interacted with them.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

In the screenshot I have attached, the character "Shemmy" on the second row used to be a female Twi'lek. Korvas used to be a Weequay. I invited them both and they teleported in as humans. (They are 3D rendered as humans as well as the screenshotted thumbnails).  These are game-generated NPCs, not characters I have created.

Edit edit: Shemmy and Korvas repaired themselves the next time they visited the location (without being invited). Hoorah.

Edit: Sartori and Cyan aren't broken, they're first order officers whose uniforms aren't in the thumbnails.

PS - Kavi in the top row and the lady bottom left are First Order Officers, but they are shown with inappropriate uniforms in the thumbnail.

Mods I've used - I have used More_CAS_Columns_(5_Columns), but I've been playing for several days since removing the mod.  I have the script MTS_Scumbumbo_OutfitTools_v4 but have not used it on any of the characters here.

Message 1 of 7 (1,621 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Journey to Batuu - SW aliens turning human

★★★★ Novice

It fixed itself, eventually, when the sims in question next autonomously respawned in Batuu.  (See full text of original post)

Are you asking me to test this to help get more information for the bug report, or just for my own use?

View in thread

Message 3 of 7 (1,557 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@spacebuggles Since you used an outfit mod, it's possible that broke it.

For testing, either load a backup from before they broke and test if it happens again if you remove the mod or if you don't have a mod, manually fix them in CAS, and also test if it happens again if you have the mod removed.

Also make sure to delete the localthumbcache file.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (1,581 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It fixed itself, eventually, when the sims in question next autonomously respawned in Batuu.  (See full text of original post)

Are you asking me to test this to help get more information for the bug report, or just for my own use?

Message 3 of 7 (1,558 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@spacebuggles It would be really important to know if this happens at all without any mods, so yes, it's related to the bug report you made.

EA doesn't support mods and if it's a mod issue, it's not something they will look into. All reports here should be on vanilla games.

Thought only part fixed themselves, so if it's all, that's good. 

I guess I would remove the mods and see if it happens again.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (1,543 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Well I've tried to recreate it in a totally new game and I can't.  I said in the top post, quite clearly, that the mods were turned off when I had this issue.  I included the information of previously installed mods in case it is helpful for bug fixing.

Feel free to experiment with this yourself though, I'm done.  It's possible this was a bug related to the scoundrel mission where you need to recruit two people for your team.  I am not willing to replay the hours needed to get back to this point in a vanilla game.

Once again, the mod was not installed at the time, and I had not run the mod or the script on any of the characters in the location.  I mentioned them for completeness, but now I wish I hadn't.

Feel free to experiment yourself. I do not require further assistance, I just wanted to report the issue.

Message 5 of 7 (1,532 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@spacebuggles You did but you didn't say at what point you turned them off. You just said you played several days since turning them off.

Did you turn them off after or before the issue occurred first ? The mention of them implied to me that it was after and then the issue corrected itself. I'm sorry if I misinterpreted this.

I played the pack a lot and didn't have any issues of this kind and haven't seen any other reports either.

Waiting to see if others have this issue then.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 7 (1,527 Views)

EA DICE Team

Closing down the topic. 

We have dedicated thread over here regarding the issue here

/Atic 

Message 7 of 7 (1,321 Views)