Items not in build section

by CLBDG

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Items not in build section

★★★ Novice

I downloaded patterns from members; they were successfully downloaded into my game (accordig to the window) but they are not in the build section for walls or floors coverings.  How do I find them?

Message 1 of 5 (611 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Items not in build section

★★★ Novice
Message 5 of 5 (555 Views)

All Replies

@CLBDG  I downloaded the same pattern (thanks for sending me the link), and it showed up for me in the Create a Style menu, under Paint.  Here's a screenshot:

downloaded pattern.png

I put an arrow next to the custom pattern, which is the first one listed under the Paint section of the dropdown menu immediately above.  I recolored the Frio brothers' desk, as you can see; when applied to the floor, the pattern was a bit too much for my taste, but I did confirm that it works there too.

If you don't see the pattern under Paint, you might have a corrupt .dbc file, i.e. the bundle in DCCache into which the pattern was supposed to install.  Let me know, and I'll write out the process for creating a new .dbc file into which you can install the pattern.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 5 (583 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks!!  Now...where is the create a style button?

Message 3 of 5 (570 Views)

[ Edited ]

@CLBDG  Oh, right, here it is in red:

Screen Shot 2019-07-28 at 8.17.09 AM.png

Click on it and then on the object you want to recolor; you can also choose a different one of the default patterns from the window that appears in the upper left corner.  Also, in case you didn't know, you can use the eyedropper tool (green) to copy the style of one object to another.  So if you play with patterns and get, say, one chair just right, click on that chair with the eyedropper and then use it to place more chairs with the exact same coloring.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 5 (563 Views)

★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Thanks!!!!
Message 5 of 5 (556 Views)