Original Post

Accepted Solution

Items in Sims' inventories not draggable

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them, Kits included
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to move items from inventory.
What happens when the bug occurs? I have multiple sims who have moved from one household into another or into one of their own. They are spellcasters. Most have potions, but they also have a lot of harvestables in their inventories. Since moving, they cannot drag these items out of their inventories into the world. They can only choose "Place in World" in the case of things like flowers or fruits, or they can eat them. They also cannot sell them. With the potions, it's the same. They can drink them or place them in world. They cannot drag them out. It's pretty frustrating. One sim even has a painting (of his own) that has NO options. He can't sell it, drag it out, put it on Plopsy or anything, It's just stuck there. It's not happening with EVERY item... but it IS happening with most items, and it's seems to be only happening with items that they created/harvested before they switched households or moved out on their own.
What do you expect to see? To be able to drag items out of my sims' inventories and/or to be able to sell them.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I removed my mods and CC. I tried repairing the game. I cleared my game cache. I also switched households. I even moved the household it's been a particular problem in to a new lot. None of these things fixed it. 

I *think* this began only after I bought and installed the new Kits, but I can't say that definitively. It could be a coincidence, timing wise. 

Message 1 of 7 (3,406 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Items in Sims' inventories not draggable

Hero
@JulietJuly22 sounds like something made it go bad when you moved the first time.

I would always save before a move to be on the safe side.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 7 of 7 (3,270 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@JulietJuly22 To be sure: You loaded a backup, then removed your mods and then tried again and they got stuck or did you remove mods after they were already stuck ?

If the later is the case, do you have a backup you could try on again to see if it happens again ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (3,378 Views)

★★ Guide
@crinrict I removed mods after they were stuck. I can see if I have a recent backup but I think the last one I did was quite a while ago gameplay wise.
Message 3 of 7 (3,372 Views)

Hero
@JulietJuly22 There's also automatic backups but if you saved more than 5 times since moving, they are overwritten

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/save-games/#wiederherstellen

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (3,368 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@JulietJuly22 

I have had this happen on some of my older households when I went back to play them after a long time.  I was unable to drag them out or otherwise use many of them.  I was able to sell them though by using the Multiselect option at the top of the inventory panel to sell all of them in one go.  I could not grab them to sell them one at the time but I could that way.

It has been happening for a while, well before the kits were released though.  Not sure when it started though.

Hope this helps.

Message 5 of 7 (3,301 Views)

★★ Guide
@crinrict So, I went to an old save, but the most recent was before the two sims in question moved. I still tried to move them and see if it would recreate the issue, but nope. I was able to drag the same items without any problem, so maybe something with this save got corrupted? Idk.

I guess I'll try to cheat sell their stuck items by selling their entire inventories using MCCC and try starting over. Thank you for trying to help!
Message 6 of 7 (3,300 Views)

Hero
@JulietJuly22 sounds like something made it go bad when you moved the first time.

I would always save before a move to be on the safe side.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 7 (3,271 Views)