Items from the exchange wont show in the game?

by NoisyRara

Original Post

Items from the exchange wont show in the game?

★★★ Newbie

Can anyone help I have downloaded and installed items from the exchange store and it says they have installed fine! However this is not the case as when I restart to play the game there still not there. Please help any advise would be great as its driving me mad?

Message 1 of 6 (2,816 Views)

Re: Items from the exchange wont show in the game?

★ Guide

Open your sims 3 game launcher,  then go into the download tab. In that tab you can look under:

"All"  downloads, Sims (which is a sim, hairstyle, hats, clothing, etc.), Pets, Lots, Objects, or patterns. Look and see if the item you downloaded is showing in the item column. If it is in there, then does it have a sims package with a arrow in the status column? or is that box blank with nothing in it?  

If the status column by your item is a blank box, then the item is downloaded but not installed to your game.

To install a downloaded item to your game: check the select box to the left of your item, then click the install button at the bottom. This can take a little bit of time. When it finishes installing another pop up box will come up and tell you the installation is complete, check the ok button. It will finish up the install then. (I find on my computer that they install better if I do 1 at a time, instead of selecting a few to download/install at once)

I also have had items look like they are installing but actually do not (but they always have a blank box in the status column when that happens)

What has fixed that issue for me is:  log out and close out your sims 3 and game launcher, then go into your Internet explorer (even if you do not use it as your main search engine) delete the browsing history, temp files, etc.. (even though I do not use IE there is always stuff it deletes) Then open up your launcher, log back in and do the install, it should install and work fine then.

I hope this helps you - let me know

Message 2 of 6 (2,749 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem and i have checked the box its showing thesim card with arrow thing. and the sim are in the installed content but i could never found it and even more i can not uninstalled it. Please help

Message 3 of 6 (2,370 Views)

@KyanosNachten1  Can you please describe your issue in more detail?  What exactly did you install—a sim or a household—and from where?  If it's a single sim, have you looked in Create a Sim and in the in-game bin?  Is the rest of your game working correctly?  More information would be very helpful.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 6 (2,363 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I dont have anymore Issues rn. I have solve the problem. But I will describe as much detail as I could about the problem I had.

It was only some of the sims I had put to the game. I thought it was supposed to be saved like a sim file in the saved sim folder. But just realized after watching some tutorial that I had to klick add to game and install it from the launcher. But out of 5 only 2 made it in. So I tried to download household and it work fine. so i try first to check every category possible thinking maybe the game changed the hair or something. But still i didnt find a matching name for all 3 sims i had installed so i checked back again on the installed content on the launcher and tried to uninstall it and it failed to be uninstalled weirdly enough. So I got to download tab in the launcher and delete the sim and download it back from the internet and it shows as hasnt be installed so i install it back again and check in the game still nothing.

so for the solution I did was uninstalling the game and delete the simis 3 folder in electronic art folder in my document folder. And install the sims 3 back again and install the sim that i wanted. It works. I had copied the save world and the sim i had made so i put it back in and everything work nicely.

I probably had this issue due to internet connection failing or close the browser before the download was finished I cant be sure cause i donr have recording of it and I am sometimes as forgetful as dory. and thanks for trying to help

Message 5 of 6 (2,351 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Almost forgot I use www.thesims3.com/exchange/sims

And yea I was looking for it in the premade sims button insude the create a sim whe it should have been. And I did tried to look from the saved sim folder and actualy sees all 3 .sim file of the sims i had installed and even somcopies of the one i tried to reinstall several times(e.g petrick.sim,petrickSoccer ball.sim and so on)

Message 6 of 6 (2,350 Views)