Re: Items disappearing from family inventory

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Items disappearing from family inventory

★★★ Novice

I'm playing a sim family who regularly salvage items from the junkyard, the items go to the family inventory. But every few days I look and the whole family inventory has been wiped, all the items they had in there are gone. Any ideas on how to stop that happening?

Message 1 of 2 (781 Views)

Re: Items disappearing from family inventory

@speedyturtles  That's something I've never heard before.  (Thanks—it's always interesting to learn about a TS3 issue that's completely new to me.)  So of course I have a few questions.

Do you use mods?  Some of them run cleanup routines that might be deleting the objects.  Do items that you put in the family inventory for other reasons get deleted as well?  You could experiment with a few random cheap decorations, things you'd know were missing right away.  As for the junkyard items, do they have value, or are they all burned or otherwise destroyed?  If they're worth §0, it would make some sense that the game was deleting them, even without mods in play.

And I take it you don't switch away from this household, but if you did, it wouldn't be surprising that objects were sold off from the family inventory.  The game tends to do this, for its own reasons.

As for how to make it stop, the simplest solution would be to move the items onto the current lot.  Even if you didn't want them around, you could build a basement or attic and stash the stuff there until you decided what to with it.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (772 Views)