Re: Item stuck in old house

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Item stuck in old house

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have just moved my Sims to. anew house (same neighbourhood), but there is an item in the old house that didn't go in the family inventory. I know it's still there because I used testingcheatsenabled true and went into build mode on the old house and everything was left as I had left it. The item is a greeting card photo. How can I retrieve it?

Message 1 of 5 (1,584 Views)

Accepted Solution

@escapedpolarbear  It's fairly simple with mods, but without them, the only way is to redo the move.  If you have a backup copy of the save from before your sims moved, you can revert to that and place the item in inventory before the sims move out this time.  Or, I guess, you could have your sims move back into the house and grab the photo, then move into their new house again.

In theory, if some other family moved into the house, you might be able to visit and then drag the photo to a sim's personal inventory.  In practice, I'm not sure it would work.  And a klepto sim could "swipe something," but even standing right next to the object you want, there's no guarantee it specifically gets stolen.  You an also only swipe three items per lot per night, and nothing when anyone else is close enough to see, so it would be pretty tedious to keep trying.

There are a few different items that never make it into inventory for whatever reason, and I always have to remember to grab them before moving.  It's annoying, but I don't know of another way of fixing it without mods.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (1,571 Views)

All Replies

@escapedpolarbear  It's fairly simple with mods, but without them, the only way is to redo the move.  If you have a backup copy of the save from before your sims moved, you can revert to that and place the item in inventory before the sims move out this time.  Or, I guess, you could have your sims move back into the house and grab the photo, then move into their new house again.

In theory, if some other family moved into the house, you might be able to visit and then drag the photo to a sim's personal inventory.  In practice, I'm not sure it would work.  And a klepto sim could "swipe something," but even standing right next to the object you want, there's no guarantee it specifically gets stolen.  You an also only swipe three items per lot per night, and nothing when anyone else is close enough to see, so it would be pretty tedious to keep trying.

There are a few different items that never make it into inventory for whatever reason, and I always have to remember to grab them before moving.  It's annoying, but I don't know of another way of fixing it without mods.

Message 2 of 5 (1,572 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict Thank you for the advice!
Message 3 of 5 (1,558 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict What mod can I use to fix the issue?
Message 4 of 5 (634 Views)

@itza_noelle  The mod to use is NRaas MasterController.  Click on the ground of the lot where the item is stuck and select NRaas > MC > Object Stats > Local, find the object on the list, select it, and confirm that you want to flush it.

Message 5 of 5 (619 Views)