Item’s ordered on computer don’t appear in inventory

by obidanman

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Item’s ordered on computer don’t appear in inventory

★ Novice

I’m having this strange issue where any items purchased via a computer in-game do not appear in sims inventory, although it does give me a message saying they have been added and it seems to affect all saves.

I’ve tried clearing the cache and doing a repair/verify files on origin but had no luck.

Any help with this game breaking bug would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Message 1 of 5 (624 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Item’s ordered on computer don’t appear in inventory

Hero
@obidanman Have you tried on vanilla with no mods/cc at all ? Mods do get outdated with patches so one of the ones you're using could be incompatible with the game now.

Make sure to also delete your localthumbcache file.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (580 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@obidanman Are you using mods/cc in your game ?

Do you see this in every household or just a certain one ? Have you also tested a new save game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (608 Views)

★ Novice

I haven’t added any new mods and it’s affecting any household on any game save. I’ve also tried creating a new save and it’s affecting that as well. Thanks

Message 3 of 5 (597 Views)

Hero
@obidanman Have you tried on vanilla with no mods/cc at all ? Mods do get outdated with patches so one of the ones you're using could be incompatible with the game now.

Make sure to also delete your localthumbcache file.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (581 Views)

★ Novice

Seems you were correct it was an outdated mod, strange it was only affecting one random thing in the game. Thanks for your help 

Message 5 of 5 (565 Views)