by graceangel20

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Item disappeared

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? sims4
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? get to work, get famous - new and wasn't installed before this happened, city living, get together, movie fun, bowling, laundry, luxury party, perfect patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not sure? I was just playing my game when it happened.
What happens when the bug occurs? Well, the item disappeared. Rest of the game continues like normal. I know it's not game breaking, but she continues to use the bar while i can't do anything like select for it to go back into her inventory, sell it, etc.
What do you expect to see? I'd like to make it reappear.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Ok. I'm playng on a new legacy family plot. the sim was pregnant and had previously had the bar with lights in her inventory. i selected an option for her to put it out. when she did; it disappeared. however, the item itself is kind of there because she uses it. However, if i go into any mode of the game, it won't appear. I cannot click on it to direct any actions. She uses it as she sees fit. It's like it exists in a rift between time and space somewhere only she can access.

I googled this and saw a post somewhere it was suggested to delete a floor and undo in build mode. I tried this. It didn't work.
I also tried enabling testing cheats true. did nothing. So for all intents and purposes of me the player this item isn't there. for that sim it is there; but i cannot see it or access any commands on it.

I know this isn't gamebreaking. I haven't tested putting something else where it's supposed to be. I'm going to try this when i reload the game.

I shut it down and installed the get famous i just downloaded. maybe i shouldn't have done that just yet. :/

I'll come back and update after attempting to plop something where it's supposedly at.

Message 1 of 4 (387 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Item disappeared

★★★ Novice

I haven't been using any mods.

However, I can happily report that... I forget now if it was later that day or next morning I restarted my pc. After launching the game after that, suddenly the bar had reappeared as if it was there the whole time. :/

So that cleared up. I haven't tested on other files as I've never had that happen on other game files before.

I have a new problem though. on the same save file. >< I hope it's not corrupted somehow because this is a new legacy family and I'll be super devastated.

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (338 Views)

All Replies

Hero
Could be a corrupt save game.

What kind of mods have you been using ?

Does it only happen in that one save or also if you start a new one for testing purposes ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (374 Views)

★★★ Novice

I haven't been using any mods.

However, I can happily report that... I forget now if it was later that day or next morning I restarted my pc. After launching the game after that, suddenly the bar had reappeared as if it was there the whole time. :/

So that cleared up. I haven't tested on other files as I've never had that happen on other game files before.

I have a new problem though. on the same save file. >< I hope it's not corrupted somehow because this is a new legacy family and I'll be super devastated.

Message 3 of 4 (339 Views)

Hero

Moving this to tech for troubleshooting

Let me us know if you need further help

@graceangel20

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (321 Views)