It won't move off of the title screen! Sims 4

by milliehaggas

Original Post

Accepted Solution

It won't move off of the title screen! Sims 4

★★★ Newbie

I had mods installed onto my game that worked properly and did not make the game lag or quit. I recently added some new ones and then removed then when I found out that they didn't work. My game still wont work even though i removed the ones that were causing the problem. I don't have script mods enabled (I know they can harm my computer even more), but I do have the others enabled.

Even when the music finishes the game still wont move off of the title screen. Help me!

Message 1 of 7 (444 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: It won't move off of the title screen! Sims 4

Hero

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 4 of 7 (447 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Try removing all your cc and see if it works then.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (431 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@crinrict  i have already tried that, but it has not worked as it has done previously.

Message 3 of 7 (429 Views)

Hero

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (448 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks I will try this!

Message 5 of 7 (425 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Its happened to me too! I have the same mods and I play the game naturally but one day I got to play and sims 4 stops responding at the title screen. it only works when I remove cc and that sucks so much! Ive tried everything else and it refuses to work. Cc is what makes the game fun.
Message 6 of 7 (401 Views)

Hero

If you install a patch, mods can become obsolete and you need to update them.

It's most probably a mod causing that and not cc like objects or hair.

You'll need to find the culprit.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 7 (399 Views)