It will not let me play as my sim family

by Regg3302

Original Post

It will not let me play as my sim family

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.37
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Parenthood, dine out, jungle adventure, Seasons, spooky stuff, discover university, realm of magic, tiny living, moschino stuff, island living, strangeville, Star Wars, get to work, get famous,city living, eco lifestyle, snowy escape, laundry day stuff, cats and dogs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Click on ur active family
What happens when the bug occurs? If I click to play my family it will start loading but then it just goes back to where I have to click what works I want to play in and pick the family I want to play as. It does it over and over again.
What do you expect to see? It loading in to where I can play as my family.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

It will let me go into build mode but I can not play as sims. I’ve even turned it off for a while and restart it but it’s not working. 

Message 1 of 12 (784 Views)

Re: It will not let me play as my sim family

Hero
@Regg3302 Are you getting an error message when booted back to the map ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 12 (774 Views)

★ Novice

I'm having this same problem on my Mac, and whenever I try to do anything else when it does that it just goes to the loading screen and then never loads. I have no clue what to do

Message 3 of 12 (747 Views)

Hero
@GreenHummingBird Do you have an endless loading screen or are you getting booted back to the map ? Do you have mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 12 (733 Views)

★ Novice

The first time I click I get rebooted, but if I click again I get an endless loading screen and I don’t have any mods

Message 5 of 12 (719 Views)

Hero
@GreenHummingBird Any error messages ? Sounds like the lot is corrupt.

Is your game updated to the latest version ? Did you have the father winter issue in your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 12 (709 Views)

★ Novice

I didn’t have the father winter issue and I’m not sure if my game is updated or not

Message 7 of 12 (706 Views)

Hero
@GreenHummingBird Check in origin if there's more or not. If not, try repairing the game

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 12 (695 Views)

★ Novice

I've tried repairing the game three times and nothing has changed, and I can't get to the place where you actually talk to origin

Message 9 of 12 (678 Views)

Hero
@GreenHummingBird Does it happen with every lot and every save game ? If it's just a certain save, how big is that save ? Do you have platforms on the lot where it's happening ?

> I can't get to the place where you actually talk to origin

Not sure what you mean by this. Do you mean support ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 12 (659 Views)