Re: It used to function well, but now I can't rotate objects.

by EncryptedAngels

Original Post

Accepted Solution

It used to function well, but now I can't rotate objects.

★★ Novice

It used to function well, but now I can't rotate objects, and sims are unable to throw the trash. They just put the dirty dishes back on the table. Also holding the left mouse button doesn't rotate the object I purchase. I reinstalled the game and the issues still persist.

Message 1 of 9 (29,614 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Novice

I found the solution. It was because of the camera mode. Pressing "Ctrl + Shift + Tab" changed the mode the camera functioned and now the objects rotate.

View in thread

Message 4 of 9 (31,539 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Are you in build mode or live mode ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (29,604 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you for reading the message. I'm in build mode, I press left click on the object and try to roteate it to a new angle but all it does is pan tha camera.

Message 3 of 9 (29,597 Views)

★★ Novice

I found the solution. It was because of the camera mode. Pressing "Ctrl + Shift + Tab" changed the mode the camera functioned and now the objects rotate.

Message 4 of 9 (31,540 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is confusing. I used to be able to rotate the camera with the right mouse button down, and an object with left mouse button, but without changing the camera. In other words I could move the camera and the object in the same mode with no problems until now...I don't like the camera to only move horizontally, I want it the way it was. Any ideas?

Message 5 of 9 (29,039 Views)

Hero

What camera mode are you using ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 9 (29,036 Views)

★★★ Newbie

"I found the solution. It was because of the camera mode. Pressing "Ctrl + Shift + Tab" changed the mode the camera functioned and now the objects rotate."

OMG, you are a LIFE saver!!  I was having the same problem and couldn't figure out what was going on!  Thank you SO much!!

Message 7 of 9 (23,125 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@FoundingSol Thanks that helps
Message 8 of 9 (7,655 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @sharronsteel

Glad to hear the advice here helped. Please give the post with the useful information a big thumbs up by pressing the 'XP' button under it. 

I'll close this thread here to limit necroposting.

Thanks,

- EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 9 of 9 (7,626 Views)