Re: Issues with the new ECO pack

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Issues with the new ECO pack

★ Novice

I’m literally at a loss of what to do. My game ran perfectly until I downloaded the ECO expansion pack this morning. I run no CC, I have repaired, just uninstalled and put it back on there and now it’s loading so slow, same issue with using items. 

My issue started with me not being able to use items. Game runs smoothly until I try to use the computer then I can no longer get the option to use other household items. 

now the game is just running so slow I cannot get it to work... 

Message 1 of 4 (323 Views)

★★ Guide

Is it a freeze you're experiencing or is it a drop in framerates?

Message 2 of 4 (315 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

So, after I repaired and uninstalled it  I can’t even get it to play. It takes like ten minutes to get to each load screen and it won’t load into the actual game now. The sim icon is spinning, changing dialog at the bottom but it won’t load into the game.... 

This all started with the computer issue... I clicked to use the computer and then from there it would not let me use other items, and now I can’t even load the game. 

Message 3 of 4 (309 Views)

@xMeganxRamos  The computer causing freezing is a known issue:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Time-Freezes-When-Any-Computer-on-any-Lot-is-Hovered-Over...

But that doesn't explain why the game isn't loading.  Please move your entire Sims 4 user data folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to it yet; just see whether you can load and play a new save.  Let me know either way.

If the game doesn't even load a new save, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (222 Views)