Re: Sims 4- I can't bring up the cheat window/console

by Nelleigha_

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

Hey all -

Was browsing this thread when I realized I have a Radeon graphics card on my computer.

The program Radeon Software has "Toggle Camera" bound to Control-Shift-C, and is commonly running in the background, even if you never turned it on.

Unbinding this immediately fixed my problem.

Hope this helps anyone who happens to have a Radeon Graphics Card.

- Robin

Message 231 of 240 (13,612 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@MatchaMayor wrote:

Hey all -

Was browsing this thread when I realized I have a Radeon graphics card on my computer.

The program Radeon Software has "Toggle Camera" bound to Control-Shift-C, and is commonly running in the background, even if you never turned it on.

Unbinding this immediately fixed my problem.

Hope this helps anyone who happens to have a Radeon Graphics Card.

- Robin

I have just upgraded the drivers on my Radeon card and now can''t use control-shift-C in the Sims 4. What are the steps to unbind in the Radeon software?

Message 232 of 240 (13,572 Views)

@Truet318 

• Right clicking your desktop and select AMD Radeon Settings.
  • Choose "ReLive" > "Toggle Camera Hotkey"
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 233 of 240 (13,543 Views)

Why won't the command console window appear when I press, CTRL SHIFT C?

★★ Novice

I've played The Sims 4 before like 2 days ago and the console command window always appeared when I press, CTRL+SHIFT+C, but since I repaired the game cuz (my character was not appearing in the "Create a Sim" menu when changing their clothes), it won't work now to bring up the console command window while playing the game. 😖😞

Message 234 of 240 (13,550 Views)

Re: [PLEASE READ] Issues with opening cheat console

@CLE777  I've merged your post with the master thread on this issue.  If you have an AMD graphics card, please read the post immediately above yours for a potential fix.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 235 of 240 (13,534 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

This must be some kind of dumb bug. I could get to the cheat command window before I repaired the game. 😖 So how is it an AMD thing?🤨 I had AMD Radeon before the game was repaired and I could use the cheat command console just fine. 🤔 I accessed my AMD Radeon software and went to where you can supposedly hit the "toggle" for unbending that ctrl-shift-c but how do you know it unbound it, it doesn't show you anything to let you know? This is frustrating. 😣😫How is it an AMD Radeon thing when I was able to use the Cheat console command BEFORE the game was repaired and not after?🤨 I guess all my new Sims I make are going to have to get jobs now to decorate their homes cuz I can no longer help them. 😣😞

(Posts merged by CM)

Message 236 of 240 (13,465 Views)

Cheat bar wont come up

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? expansion packs- Discover university, island living, get famous, seasons,cats and dogs, city living, get tighter and gt to work. stuff packs- realm of magic, tiny living, laundry day stuff, vampires, toddler stuff,outdoor retreat, romantic garden cool kitchen stuff, perfect patio and holiday celebration pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? idk
What happens when the bug occurs? it will take a screen shot and not bring up the cheats bar
What do you expect to see? the cheat bar to come up
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My cheat bar will not turn up when i press control shift c

Message 237 of 240 (13,324 Views)

Re: Cheat bar wont come up

Hero
@xxhellomakxx Merged your post with the master thread on this.

Please try all the suggestions in the solution post of this thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 238 of 240 (13,313 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice
@crinrict I found that my GPU software also use Control + Shift + C so I disabled the Hotkey and now Sims is back to normal.
Message 239 of 240 (13,051 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @Nelleigha_

Crin has created a newmore up-to-date thread for using cheats here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/FAQ-How-to-use-Cheats/td-p/8778797

You might find more recent information there. Standard smile I'll lock this thread in the meantime.

Thanks

EA_Lanna
Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 240 of 240 (13,011 Views)