Issues with Sims 4 and Origin

by dbatcjm

Original Post

Issues with Sims 4 and Origin

★ Apprentice

So I have a few issues that I have been ignoring for a while, but i'm playing very often and it's getting annoying so I was wondering if any of you could help me. 

My first issue is when I open the game Sims 4, once it is opened to the Menu there's always a little update comment from Ea and we usually can just click the ''x'' to get it off the screen and then start the game but lately when i try to click on the x the screen just freeze and my whole computer lags then i have to close the entire pc bc i cant just click off or click away or close the game; its just stuck there it is very annoying please help me yes i have mods but ive always had mods and it only recently started to do so but its not only bc of the issue ea recently had that they fixed eitherm it happened before the issue with ea

another issue on my origin account it says that the sims are not bought and that i basically dont have any games so when i want to buy packs for the sims i have to open the game which takes ages bc of the mods and then buy it off right from the game i cant do it from origin itself which is so weird: i have the origin app and the sims4 app seperately so if i wanna play sims i only click on the sims app and not origin; but if i wanna buy something from the sims when i go on my origin account it just says i have no games; but when i buy off from the sims game app itself it just opens my origin account from there and it is the same account that ive tried to buy from that says i have no games it is very confusing idk what to do

another issue unrelated if you could help it would be amazing from time to time i dont know the correlation tbh but my pc keyboard just go crazy and the keys just completely change the a is the q the q is the a the w is the z the z is the w etc and i dont know how to fix it it eventually fixes itself but it is annoying for the time being

PLEASE HELP ME i will be SO grateful

Message 1 of 2 (163 Views)

Re: Issues with Sims 4 and Origin

Champion (Retired)

@dbatcjm 

Move your Mods folder to the Desktop and delete localthumbcache.package. Then test the game.

If it works now check for updates to your Mods and CC. Add it back a little at a time while testing until you have found all that are broken.

2. This is likely a problem with Origins cache. https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

3. Run a good antivirus and malware scanner.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 2 (140 Views)