Re: Issues with Sims 3 Create a World and EA App / Can't clear EA App pop-up Ori

by shinaenae4

Original Post

Re: Create a World Tool doesn't launch the game correctly under EA Desktop

★★★★ Guide
the in-game editing problem with CAW is still there, I also hope that EA will fix it so that it works normally with EA Desktop.

Message 11 of 89 (2,916 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have now run into the same issue. Origin kept signing me out so I switched to EA app. Now, the 'Edit in Game' mode just launches the Sims 3 launcher as if I was about to play the game instead of loading my WIP world immediately. CAW works just fine otherwise.

Message 12 of 89 (2,871 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I have same issue. I can't edit my worlds with EA App.

Message 13 of 89 (2,723 Views)

Issues with Sims 3 Create a World and EA App / Can't clear EA App pop-up Origin

★★ Apprentice

Hi everyone. I have been playing Sims 3 for years, always through Origin. Lately I have gotten really into building my own worlds through the Create a World tool. I'm aware that EA has been pushing for people to start using EA App instead of Origin for some time now. I tried it a few months ago and had all sorts of issues with it, including new games not downloading (EA support were not able to suggest anything that worked) and Create a World not working. In the end I gave up and re-installed Origin.

Today I have tried to launch the in game edit mode for my world I am building, and it loaded up Origin which had a message saying "The EA app is your new home for PC gaming. Now's the time to upgrade. Install the EA app and log in with your EA account to find all your games waiting for you". As far as I can see there is no way to close this message, and Origin can't be used and the game won't launch. I gave in and installed EA App again, and found exactly the same issue as last time with Create a World, where it just brings up the Sims 3 launcher and won't actually open the world you are building. I then had an absolute nightmare trying to find a way to get Origin back again (if you go to the page on EA's website to install Origin, it now re-directs you to EA App, so I had to use a link from someone else to install Origin). Once I had Origin re-installed, I was again presented with the message telling me to install EA App and I still cannot see any way of closing it and continuing to use Origin.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a way to close this message and continue using Origin? Or has anyone found a way to get Create a World to work with EA App?

I'm absolutely tearing my hair out because I've invested so much money and time into Sims 3 and now can't do what I enjoy doing. I really can't understand why EA are forcing us to use a platform which clearly does not work how it should.

Message 14 of 89 (2,841 Views)

Re: Issues with Sims 3 Create a World and EA App / Can't clear EA App pop-up Ori

@punkerlishus  I haven't yet seen any report of CAW working with the EA App.  But I also haven't seen many posts about it at all, and I've never used CAW myself.

Do you currently have the EA App installed?  I'm wondering if Origin would still refuse to work even when both apps are installed on your computer.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 15 of 89 (2,828 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Yes I have not yet heard of anyone getting CAW to work with EA App, which is extremely disappointing. I completely uninstalled EA App, but Origin still would not work. I have heard on a separate forum that we now have to use EA App, so I am guessing that is why Origin no longer works.

Message 16 of 89 (2,820 Views)

@punkerlishus  Origin should work if you also have the EA App installed.  So please reinstall the EA App if you haven't already, then install Origin again, from this link:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin-Client-Web-Technical/Downloading-and-installing-Origin-Windows-and-...

It's fine to have both on your computer at the same time.  Just make sure the App isn't running whenever you try to open Origin.

Message 17 of 89 (2,815 Views)

Re: The Sims 3 CAW EIG only opens launcher

★★ Novice

Yes I am having this issue too in December 2022. I was forced to change to EA app although I was nervous something like this would happen, and I was right. If anyone has any solutions please let me know. I have been designing a world for a few months and I would be very sad if I can't design the lots. 

Message 18 of 89 (2,750 Views)

★★ Novice

I am having the same issue unfortunately. I was forced to download the EA app instead and am very disapointed this issue is happening when I have invested so much time into building my world.

Message 19 of 89 (2,775 Views)

Re: The Sims 3 CAW EIG only opens launcher

@shinaenae4  You can try reinstalling Origin, with the EA App still installed.  (If it's not installed, Origin will definitely just ask you to install the App again.)  Some players can't run Origin at all anymore, and some can.  Here's a link to the download:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin-Client-Web-Technical/Downloading-and-installing-Origin-Windows-and-...

Message 20 of 89 (2,739 Views)