Issues with Freelance Career

by troshalom

Original Post

Issues with Freelance Career

★★★ Guide

Sim is on vacation in granite falls and is a writer in the freelance career. Sim finished click bait article and submitted to the client. The client approved of the article. Then a notification came up that sim needed to complete article. So I had the sim complete it again. Again the client approved the article. Then a notification came up that the client was displeased because the work wasn't done.

Sim completed the article twice, but both times the game did not register the article as complete and thus the sim did not receive pay for the article, but instead was marked with poor performance.

Please fix this. 

The bugs in the career is frustrating.

Message 1 of 8 (2,809 Views)

Re: Issues with Freelance Career

Champion (Retired)

@troshalom wrote:

Sim is on vacation in granite falls and is a writer in the freelance career. Sim finished click bait article and submitted to the client. The client approved of the article. Then a notification came up that sim needed to complete article. So I had the sim complete it again. Again the client approved the article. Then a notification came up that the client was displeased because the work wasn't done.

Sim completed the article twice, but both times the game did not register the article as complete and thus the sim did not receive pay for the article, but instead was marked with poor performance.

Please fix this. 

The bugs in the career is frustrating.

Some of the Freelance tasks require more than one submission.  Did you happen to notice the number of articles required to complete that task?

- EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA
All packs installed and patches are current.
PC / Win 10
Never used CC or mods.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 2 of 8 (2,797 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Just one article was required.

It happened to both sims on two different assignments in Granite Fall in the National park.

One sim wrote a motivational book. It was never placed in her inventory when she completed it.

The other sim wrote the click bait articles and submitted them, the messages popped up that the client was pleased, the articles never returned to his inventory and the game never marked the articles as completed. He wrote two click bait articles and submitted them.

Can't do anything if the game doesn't place the books/articles in the sims inventory.

Message 3 of 8 (2,771 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@troshalom  This sounds the same / similar to an existing issue found here.

Through my own testing and input from others I was able to replicate this and offer a workaround.

Using my Freelancer household I had my writer accept the gig to create clickbait. She created and submitted the one item required and

the task completed. So far there have been no issues for her.
My freelance artist however was not able to complete a gig to create three icons using the electronic sketchpad.
I had him create all three before submitting them and all were accepted BUT the task did not register as completed.

The difference seemed to be that my artist had accepted the gig while at the library. Then I added electronic sketchpads to the library so he could do the job while there. *Before the task was completed I had him travel back home.* That seemed to reset the task. It was not until I saved, went out of game and back into the save (I also repaired the game as an extra measure) that he was able to complete the task while on the home lot. 
This was not yet tested while on vacation. Nor did I have an issue with any books or other items not showing in personal inventory.
Was the missing book written while on vacation? Though it still should have been in personal inventory did you look at household inventory?

- EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA
PC / Win 10
Never used CC or mods.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
Message 4 of 8 (2,756 Views)

★★★ Guide

I haven't checked the household inventory yet. But I do have a problem with this particular family where fish and harvested items have been disappearing when they travel from one lot to another.

However, in this instance they were at Granite falls in the lodge and did not travel and the items did not appear in the inventory.

I am creating episodes with this particular family, so I am unable to check inventory until I finish recording. But I will check it once I finish this episode.

Message 5 of 8 (2,739 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@troshalomAs a test I took my household to Granite Falls and stayed at the lodge. They each have a different Freelance career. They each were able to complete the gigs for their specialty. The artist had his electronic sketchpad from home and tasks were successfully completed for several types of gigs. My writer completed her books for gigs plus a couple of spares to send off to the publisher once she got home.

Programming as a freelance career takes a bit longer so I had her complete a couple gigs I thought would be less time intensive.
In short testing in my game showed all tasks could be completed while on vacation.

That brings me to another point in the troubleshooting process.
Are you on PC/Mac or console?
Do you use mods or custom content?

Testing on a vanilla (no mods/cc) folder is the best way to investigate causes of issues.
**Resetting the game to factory settings without reinstalling**
Instructions are in the link below:
Troubleshooting tips
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/READ-FIRST-Troubleshooting-your-Game/m-p/3621199

In short move the following folders to another location like your desktop to keep your progress safe.
>>Saves, tray, screenshots and mods (if you have mods/cc)
Along with removing (not disabling) mods / cc the localthumbcache.package needs to be deleted.
Start the game and let the system generate all new folders.
Start a new save {do NOT put your old saves back yet}.

Test the game to see if the issues are still there.
If the issue is resolved you can close the game.
Copy your saves back into the newly generated game folder and test again.

- EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA
PC / Win 10
Never used CC or mods.

EQ Avid Sims Player
Message 6 of 8 (2,722 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Did you go to the national forest to that museum there (I call that the lodge) and have them work. My sims were staying at the campsite and since there were daily thunderstorms I pretty much had them at that museum working and sleeping outside in their tent.

I am using a PC. Some CC (hair) and a couple of MODs but they are like build MODs they are not script mods so they would not interfere with the career system.

Message 7 of 8 (2,688 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@troshalom  
My Sims stayed and worked at Granite Falls Forest (National Park) which is what I consider as a lodge. I added a couple computers and had them use those to complete the tasks that required a computer. They stayed on that lot several days without traveling via map view.

Were you able to complete the tasks on your home lot? If that is the case I am not sure why they would not complete on vacation.
Mods can provide helpful shortcuts and make your gameplay more personal. Unfortunately even the most innocent mod can cause unexpected issues.
I highly recommend testing on a vanilla (no mods/cc) folder to eliminate that as a possibility. 

The mods you have may just need to be updated.

Side Note: Be sure to watch for a new patch coming out before The Sims 4 Discover University release next week.
Patches are intended to enhance the game, repair bugs/glitches and best of all add FREE content and features.
That also means any mods or custom content could require updates by their creators.

- EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA
PC / Win 10
Never used CC or mods.

EQ Avid Sims Player
Message 8 of 8 (2,673 Views)