Re: Issues seeing Gallery favorites (I can't see them properly)

by BlackjackWidow

Original Post

Issues seeing Gallery favorites (I can't see them properly)

★★★ Novice

Hello! I'm writing this message with hopes of looking for a fix for this, because this is something that is bugging me, and I'm not sure how to fix it properly or what to do about it.

So, long story short, I can't see my favorites *properly*.

Emphasis on "properly", because I can see my favorites when I go to my profile to see them - but it's just Sims and Rooms. When I click to see my favorited Lots, a blank "No results" page appears. That's all. It makes no difference whether I'm browsing it on the Main Menu, on the CAS menu or in-game, it keeps happening - and this has brought me a lot of problems because I use Lots from my Favorites very frequently in-game.

Some things to take in mind: Yes, I do indeed, favorite a lot of content, because I love to see what the community makes, and I love having it there to include it in my game without a hassle. Lots are what I favorite the most because it's what I use the most on the Gallery, as I've said, so it's fair to say, I have more Lots favorited than anything else - so I can see the issue that's happening to me start from here.

Other thing to take in mind is that I've tried logging into the Gallery using a different internet connection from my house wi-fi connection, thinking it could perhaps be something having to do with the internet, since it does get a little bit wonky from time to time, so I've used my phone's internet connection, and surprisingly, with that one it *does* load the Lots in my favorites without problems, however I cannot subsist on this move because I use my phone's internet very often in other instances in my daily life, and I tend to run out of data very quickly.

So, what could be the issue that could be happening in here? I have attached some screenshots to give you a better idea of what's the kind of issue I'm having. I apologize for the bad editing, I could only rely on Paint for this :P

Some final details before finishing writing this thread: I've checked the game's status within my computer's Firewall as well, and the Firewall isn't blocking it either. It has exceptions for both Public and Private domains. Pertaining mods, I do not have any Script mods installed that could alter the functioning of the game as of now.

Thank you so much in advance for the help - I really appreciate it!

Message 1 of 4 (324 Views)

Hero
@XiiChan Did you try a DNS Flush and resetting your router yet ?

I don't think it's anything in your game if it's working with another connection. Best to troubleshoot the connection first: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/connection-troubleshooting-advanced-pc/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (294 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hello! I did a DNS Flush as indicated but it didn't seem to work. Then I tried opening ports and opening Origin and my game as Administrator, but it didn't work either. Whenever I add any other Lots to my favorites in-game it registers them without problems, but the page still doesn't load any results when I try to load it. Resetting my router wasn't of use either, it didn't do much.

As a final resort, I've tried changing my preferred DNS to see if that works, but it's probably going to take a while before it takes effect. I still fail to see what should I do if my internet connection is the one causing the problem Devil

Message 3 of 4 (275 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Hi @XiiChan - Since the same computer is being used on both connections, and it works on the cellular data connection but not your home WiFi router, there may be an issue with a router setting.  One way to check this easily is to use a wired connection to your laptop instead of connecting via the WiFi.

Try an Ethernet (cable) connection on the home network and see if it works that way.

If you can access it via a wired connection but not over the WiFi, try power cycling your ENTIRE network.

• Turn off all connected devices (wired and wireless)
  • Turn off the modem (cable/dsl/gateway) and the router. If your modem has a battery backup, remove the battery and shut the modem down completely
  • Turn on the modem first. Let it completely boot up and make its connection with the ISP before you touch anything else
  • Turn on the router after the modem is completely booted. Let it make its connection with the modem and wait until it's fully booted
  • Turn on your laptop - again, let the device fully boot up, then connect to the WiFi network and try again
  • Turn on the other connected devices on your network and let them reconnect

If you're comfortable with admin on your router you should check MAC address filtering rules, and be sure your laptop's MAC address is not being blocked by any routing rules. 

Please let us know if the complete network power cycling works, or if you see any changes. 

Message 4 of 4 (245 Views)