Issue with mouse and slider in CAS

by cherryemi

Original Post

Issue with mouse and slider in CAS

★★★ Newbie

I'm having a major issue with CAS. When i go to edit body parts of the sim there is no resistance on the slider. This means i am unable to fine tune any part of my sim as they go from one extreme to the other.  Another problem is when i try to rotate the sim they spin around widly and there seems to be no resistance here either. it also takes a very long time to register is i change the direction i want the sim to turn in. I have removed all mods and cc from my game in an attempt to fix this but it hasn't helped in the slightest. Any response would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 5 (3,458 Views)

Re: Issue with mouse and slider in CAS

Hero (Retired)

Hi @cherryemi - These symptoms have been reported for users of the Reshade mod. Since you said you tried it without mods, it's possible that you didn't completely remove the mod, or maybe there are other mods or cc contributing to the problem.

We are due to have a patch sometime today, Sept 5, 2019 - so, you should wait until your game is patched to perform these steps. If you use mods or cc, you should go through these steps every time your game is updated with a patch. Patches can break mods and cc, and you will need to check with the creator for any updated versions. 

After the patch, I suggest you try to repair your game -

• Exit TS4 and Origin completely.
      • Save a copy of your Saves folder to your desktop (or somewhere else safe, to use as a backup)
      • Move your Mods folder to the desktop
      • Delete the file localthumbcache.package Default location is C:\[YourUserName]\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4  Instructions with pictures are here: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/delete-cache-files/
      • Launch Origin "As Administrator" (Right-click Origin.exe, choose Compatibility tab, Check the box next to "Run this program as administrator")
      • In Origin, right-click The Sims 4 icon and choose "Repair". Origin has to be online for this to complete. Let the repair run until completed, on the game and any add-ons installed
      • Launch The Sims 4 and check to see if the issue is fixed. (your sims may be naked or bald, depending on the mods or cc that was installed previously)

If the issue is fixed after the repair, then you have one or more outdated mods or cc. This will take a bit of detective work; one at a time, copy your mods back to the mods folder, then open the game and verify everything is working. (remember that mods are automatically disabled after a patch, so turn them back on in the game options) If you have a lot of mods or cc, use the 50% method. Once you've identified the culprit(s), check with the creators to see if updated versions are available.

Please reply back and let us know if this worked. Happy Simming!

Message 2 of 5 (3,426 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@cherryemi I had the same issue even after completely reinstalling the game and found in a different post that I had to turn off the Origin In-Game Overlay (Origin > Application Settings > Origin In-game and then disable that slider). That fixed it for me.
Message 3 of 5 (3,418 Views)

★ Novice
@selfpredator This worked for me, thanks!
Message 4 of 5 (3,372 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you so much! You are a heroic genius. I have been searching endlessly and sitting tirelessly with EA advisors for answers, none of whom could solve the issue; this worked!

Message 5 of 5 (2,163 Views)