Re: Issue with Sims 4 Roommates

by lilprincejeff

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Issue with Sims 4 Roommates

★★★ Newbie

Hey I have been having a issue with roommates in Sims 4 University. I am living off campus with one sim and her dog, I have one roommate but I added a bed to get another. The option to place an add is greyed out and says there aren’t enough beds. I have three beds and two sims not including the dog. Any ideas?

Message 1 of 11 (51,573 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Novice

I also had this issue. After a lot of in game trial and error - the issue is literally having one ADULT bed per sim. For eg, if you have a toddler - the toddler bed doesn’t count as a bed.. if you have a double bed (even with both sides claimed) it doesn’t countIf you have 2 adults with a child - you need 3 single beds. 3 double beds does not count either - they need to be solo beds.

So annoying as I have a married couple who sleep in same bed plus a toddler and I want one roommate but the double bed isn’t recognised as a bed and neither is the toddler bed so essentially to have a roommate in this household I will have 3 solo beds, 1 double bed and 1 toddler bed. Not idea but it’s the only way it works for me. Standard smile

View in thread

Message 4 of 11 (51,452 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

HI @Molly3597 pretty sure your cat would take up the 'extra sim' number, if you want to increase that, perhaps think about a mod to 'increase household' size.. 

Though the Uni pack is still new and not sure if it is compatible, therefore use with caution, and remove it if it creates any issues; then repair game, and wait for it to be updated: it's made by Twisted Mexi and called 'Full House' you'll have to search for it like "sims 4 twisted mexi patreon Full House" or "twisted mexi at patreon Python Patch Mod Updates - Master List"

There is also the MC Command Center, which also has household size control, more in-depth overall.

Sasha

nb: If this solves your question, please mark the reply as having been the solution, so as to help others with a similar problem in the future.
I have no connection to EA

Message 2 of 11 (51,535 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Molly3597 

Unfortunately pets also count towards the number of beds required. This may be fixed in a future patch but for now you require an extra bed. Also notice that doublebeds count as one.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 3 of 11 (51,503 Views)

★★★ Novice

I also had this issue. After a lot of in game trial and error - the issue is literally having one ADULT bed per sim. For eg, if you have a toddler - the toddler bed doesn’t count as a bed.. if you have a double bed (even with both sides claimed) it doesn’t countIf you have 2 adults with a child - you need 3 single beds. 3 double beds does not count either - they need to be solo beds.

So annoying as I have a married couple who sleep in same bed plus a toddler and I want one roommate but the double bed isn’t recognised as a bed and neither is the toddler bed so essentially to have a roommate in this household I will have 3 solo beds, 1 double bed and 1 toddler bed. Not idea but it’s the only way it works for me. Standard smile

Message 4 of 11 (51,453 Views)

★★★ Novice
@CaitlinMay3 replying to myself as I correct myself - re a household with 2 adult sims and 1 toddler, you need FOUR solo adult beds in the house (plus whatever else your active sims sleep in) even if you only want one roommate. Standard smile
Message 5 of 11 (51,442 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Like the person above said, there must be an adult-sized single bed for each member of the household(including children) and potential roommates. Double beds do not count as two or even one bed for some reason. I'm guessing to make roommates all they did was reuse the code for college roomies, which is why all the college students only use single sized beds as well. However, I've found a way to get around the double bed problem - in case you want your roommates to use double beds instead - by temporarily buying single beds for all current members of the household including all potential roommates. Then, you can mark your roommates to sleep in double beds. Once they're registered, you can go ahead and sell the single beds.

Another way is to use the bb.moveobjects command and bury a bunch of single beds beneath your lot and register your roomies in double beds since they can't reach the singles.

Message 6 of 11 (50,826 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@jpkarlsen THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH!
Message 7 of 11 (44,920 Views)

★ Novice
@Molly3597 Definitely need single beds. I cheated by taking a single bed and using the size cheat and stuffing it under the other single bed. Lol.
Message 8 of 11 (38,038 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@Molly3597Turns out you have to have one bed per sim including pets, a hack I’ve done to kinda fix this is scale down a bed and hide it somewhere it won’t bother you and then you have enough beds.

Message 9 of 11 (33,774 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Molly3597 based on other comments i've seen, i guess you need double the singular beds based on how many household slots you have and an extra for a roommate? ex if you have 3 sims and want 1 roommate you put down 3 separate beds (maybe in a basement to hide them) and 1 more for the roommate.
Message 10 of 11 (12,629 Views)