Re: *

by kreatora

Original Post

Issue with ClientDeltaBuild0.package

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Before I downloaded any expansion packs, ect. I had no issues with downloading any mods. But when I got city living, parenthood and dine out, ClientDeltaBuild0.package would appear and then I had to  remove then delete all my mods just for the game to work because it was letting me see worlds I didn’t even purchase. The game works fine without any mods but that’s the problem I should be able to use mods with no issue beings tho I had it before without a problem. I also tried to delete the sims folder to start over but now all it does is come back after I delete it. I don’t know if one of the expansions broke my pc or something but I just need help. Also the ClientDeltaBuild0.package would still appear even after the mods were gone. 

Message 1 of 14 (22,136 Views)

★★ Novice
@Killaaaj I’ve done all the repairs multiple times and uninstalled a few and still nothing seems to work.
Message 2 of 14 (22,102 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@Killaaaj

After each update, most scripts mods and a large part CC will be spoiled and will spoil the game. Checking what broke down this time after the patch, and replacing these broken ones by a new updated version or deleting these is the price the player pays for using CC and mods. So simply you have some outdated mods or CC causing it.
1. Move the mods folder to the desktop.
2. Find and delete localthumbcache.package file in the game folder. Delete also all folders with the word "cache" in the name.
3. Fix the game in Origin.
Origin/Library - right-click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.
4. Turn on the game to create a new, empty mods folder and check if the game is working now properly without mods
5. Check if there are new updated versions of the mods and CC you are using.
Then copy from desktop your mods and CC and paste it in the new mods folder. First, paste script mods one by one every time checking if the game is OK.
Do the same with CC but if you have a lot of this, try the 50/50 method. (Divide your CC into smaller batches for example 50 pieces in one subfolder and check these subfolders one by one)

I don't work for EA
Message 3 of 14 (22,072 Views)

Re: Issue with ClientDeltaBuild0.package

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Killaaaj Could you explain what you mean by the ClientDeltaBuild0.package appears ? Where does it appear ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 14 (22,068 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict It’s in the mods folder. It pops up when I turn on “enable mods” And anytime I move my folder to the desktop another reappears.
Message 5 of 14 (22,054 Views)

Hero
@Killaaaj That's indeed odd as it's a file that's supposed to be in the installation folder. It could be a badly done mod but I don't see why it should reappear.

The Sims 4 folder in doc does recreate if you start the game. That's supposed to happen but not that file.

At what point does it appear again ? When you start the game ? Even if you added nothing back to the new The Sims 4 folder in documents ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 14 (22,040 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict If I start the game up it won’t appear in the folder until after I enable mods and then a whole bunch of stuff other folders would be with it. I googled it and it said it was where my game data was. But like I said it doesn’t let me delete the folder, it’ll come right back with a new one in like 3secs
Message 7 of 14 (22,030 Views)

Hero

There's a whole lot of files that do need to be regenerated.

Could you rename your sims folder one more time, then start the game, re-enable mods, restart the game again, ext the game and then get some screenshot of your user folder as well as the content of the mods folder ? Don't put anything manually in the folder.

Make sure to remove any personal information from the screenshot but do make sure the path is visible.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 14 (22,023 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict I won’t be able to rename the folder because it’ll just make another folder for itself but I can show you a before and after without the mods being enabled and with it being enabled?
Message 9 of 14 (22,015 Views)

Hero
@Killaaaj Some pics would be good. I think I still don't fully understand. Really just concerned about the ClientDeltaBuild0.package file that recreates.

The Sims folder recreating is normal.

I

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 14 (22,009 Views)